Do you want to know how to connect Airpods to an iPhone or iPad? No worries, we will walk you through the guide to know how to link airpods to the iPhone. However, connecting them is quite easy so you can answer calls and jam to your favorite tracks in no time. In addition, if you once connect them, then they automatically pair each time.
Moreover, Airpods are the most popular wireless earphones, bringing unparalleled listening experiences. It can easily connect to the phone, Mac, Watch, and other Apple devices thanks to iCloud integration. But, sometimes, you may face connecting issues like other devices. So let’s dive into details to fix the connecting issues of airpods.
You can also check How to Connect Airpods to PS4
How to Connect Airpods to your iPhone & iPad
When you want to link your airpods to your iPhone, make sure your phone is updated to the newest version of iOS. The steps are pretty simple. Once you connect them, they will pair each time automatically. Just apply the below steps to prompt the instant connection.
- Before you start connecting, ensure that the iPhone is up to date with the newest version of iOS & your Airpods are charged.
- Then, check your Bluetooth must be turned on. Now, open your iPhone’s home screen and ensure the screen is on before applying the next step.
- Now do one of the following according to your Airpods model:
- 2nd or 3rd Generation Airpods or Airpods Pro- first, open the charging case of your Airpods, view the case & press it near the iPhone. If you do not see the pairing guide, tap and hold the button on the back of the case for a few seconds.
- Airpods Max- now take your airpods out of the case and holds them near to the phone. If you do not see the connection guide, hit the noise control button on the right earbud and hold the airpods near the iPhone.
- In any case, if the airpods have already been linked to another iPhone, you will see a Not Your Airpods pop-up on the screen. So to continue, click on Connect.
- When you complete the instruction, click on done.
- Next, your Airpods will automatically be added to your iCloud profile on all your iOS devices with the same ID.
Fixes- if you can’t Connect Airpods to Your iPhone
However, airpods are designed to link flawlessly to the iPhone. But sometimes, the pairing may run into problems. If you cannot pair your earbuds, then don’t worry. You can apply the fixes below that will help you resolve the issue.
If you are facing airpods sound issues then check our guide how to fix the Airpods no sound issues.
1. Switch Off/On Bluetooth
Toggling off/on Bluetooth can usually allow you to fix the pairing problem. So, check it first by following the given steps.
- Open the Settings app on your phone > Bluetooth and then toggle off the Bluetooth. Now, wait for a while and again switch it on.
- After that, place both airpods in the case and make sure that they are charging. Then, hold the case and open the lid near the iOS device.
- When the setup emerges, follow the guidelines to link your airpods.
2. Restart Your Phone
If you are still experiencing the connecting issue, then reboot your device.
- First, restart iPhone with Face ID- hit & hold the volume button and the side button until the power off shows up. Then, move the slider to close down your device. Next, hit and hold the side button to toggle on the device.
- Restart iPhone with Touch ID- hit the side button until the power off appears. Next, move the slider to toggle off your device. after that, hold down the side option to toggle on your iOS device. After this process, try connecting the airpods with the iPhone.
3. Reset Your Airpods
If you still cannot able to link the airpods, then try another solution by resetting them.
- First, open the lid of your Airpods and press down the setup option on the back of the charging case for about a few seconds until the LED flashes amber. So to reset the Airpods max, press the noise control option and the digital crown for about a few seconds until the LED flashes.
- After that, place your airpods near your iPhone and go after the on-screen guideline to set up the Airpods.
4. Disconnect Other Bluetooth Pairing from Your iPhone
If you have multiple Bluetooth speakers, headphones, and other devices, your iPhone might wish to directly connect to them before your Airpods can. So in order to link airpods, you have to disallow other devices first. Open the settings > Bluetooth and click on the “i” to the right of the Bluetooth device’s name. Then, choose Disconnect to forget the network. If you select to forget the device, you need to set it up as a new device.
5. Disallow Low Power Mode
People claim that they have difficulty connecting to an Airpod when it is in low power mode. This setting is intended to keep your iPhone running longer when your batteries run low, but some functions might not work until the setting is disabled or the iPhone is charged up to 80%.
So, to disable the low power mode on your iPhone, open the Settings > Battery and click on the slider next to the lower mode. You will see if the slider is turned to grey. Moreover, you can also switch it off from the control center on your phone by clicking the battery icon.
6. Update Your iPhone
Apple suggests users use the most updated software when linking airpods to iPhones. airpods Pro is only compatible with phones having iOS 13.2 and later. Airpods 2 are compatible with iOS 12.2 and later. So to update the iPhone, open the settings> General > Software Update. Here you will see your iOS version. If an update is available, click on install and keep your phone charged while the updates compete.
How to Customize Airpods Settings Via iPhone
When your Airpods connect to your iPhone, you can customize the settings as per your likeness. Apply the given steps to make a change in the settings. For example, you can modify the name of your airpods, so hit & press the action, alter the double-tap action (1st or 2nd generations), allow or disallow ear detection, set the microphone to right, left, or automatic, and more.
- Launch the Settings app on your phone >Bluetooth and then click on the More info Button “i” next to your airpods.
- Then, change your setting as per your preference.
Steps to Connect Airpods to Mac
connecting the airpods to Mac is also quite easy. In fact, if you have all the things registered to the same Apple ID, it may be ready to use instant tap either the Bluetooth or volume control options in the menu bar, and if you see your airpods appearing there, it’s ready to go, and you just have to choose it. No worries, if that’s not the case-it, it’s still quite easy to sync them up:
- Choose “System Preferences” from the menu and tap on Bluetooth.
- Now, make sure Bluetooth is on.
- Put your airpods in the case and open the lid.
- Hit and hold the setup button until it flashes white.
- After that, select your Airpods from the “Devices” list and then tap on “connect” on your Mac.
If music does not play immediately in your AirPods, you may need to tap on the volume control or Bluetooth menu in the menu list and ensure that the AirPods are set as the output device.
Connect Your Airpods to Laptop/PC
If you want to connect your airpods to your laptop, apply the steps below.
- Make sure your Bluetooth is on by going through the “Devices” from the settings.
- Tap on “Add Bluetooth or other devices” and tap on “Bluetooth.”
- Then, open the case lid and press the small button on the back of the case for a few seconds until you see the flashlight.
- Your earbuds should emerge on the screen under the devices list for pairing. They might appear as “Headphones” at first and then turn on “Airpods.”
- Now, tap on the Airpod name, and there will be a pop-up message at the bottom right of the screen representing a good connection.
Connect Your airpods to Chromebook
Linking your Airpods to your Chromebook is basically the same & easy process as any non-Apple device:
- Tap on “Bluetooth” in the Chromebook menu.
- Then, your Chromebook will directly search for new devices.
- Next, place your airpods inside the case and open the lid.
- After that, press the setup button on the back of the case until it flashes white.
- Now, choose the Airpods in the list of present Bluetooth devices.
Connect Your Airpods to an Android Phone
If you wish to connect airpods manually to an android device, you would have to open the setting and apply the given steps.
- Go to the phone settings and then choose Bluetooth settings.
- Then, put your airpods in the case near the phone and open the lid of the case.
- Press the button on the back of the case until you see a flashing white light.
- Now, choose the airpods from the Bluetooth list on the phone screen and follow the guidelines to pair them with the device.
If you pair the airpods with a non-Apple device, you should understand that the devices might reduce the audio quality of the airpods. Although some noteworthy sound improvements and noise cancellations might also be unavailable to some Android devices,
Users love to use Apple AirPods because of their style, sound quality, and convenience. They are considered to be one of the most loved accessories around. Connecting the airpods to the iPhone is quite easy, and they only need to be paired once. You can easily connect your Apple devices & iPhone with AirPods by following the above mentioned steps. If your airpods do not connect, try the above fixes, which might help pair the airpods. Now, tell us about your preferred device for connecting airpods.