In today’s ‘Instagrammable’ era, we possess an urge to put everything up on our feeds, be it a picture from a recent wedding or just the early morning sun. Everybody wants to show the world what we’re up to and when on social media. This comes with an equally compelling wish to save things we see daily, a post with a cute caption, and an appealing picture of our crush. However, an Instagram reel showing a delicious-looking meal recipe or inspirational IGTV videos. But, with it comes the dilemma of not being able to download Instagram content videos, which can sometimes be a buzz kill.
Although there are a lot of ways allowing you to download Instagram content. But that can only be done using third-party apps or some tech hocus pocus. Because ethically, Instagram itself does not permit you to download content either from public or private accounts.
Table of Contents
How to Download Instagram Videos
Like Instagram photos, videos can also be helpful for many things; you can get food recipes, the everyday lifestyles of your favorite celebrities and influencers, friends, and whatnot. But what if you want to save a video to watch later?
First and foremost, you should know that every device has a different method of downloading videos now. Let us see what kind of video content Instagram offers:
- Posts – Instagram posts feed can be videos, carousel posts, and reels. All these posts are from accounts you follow, suggested posts, and ads from relevant businesses.
- Reels – A shorter version of content covering almost 60 seconds of footage.
- Stories – Everyday content that can be uploaded as stories, which disappears after 24 hours
- Highlights – Saved up Instagram stories for you and your audience to view later; the highlights appear on one’s Instagram profile
- IGTV – Longer video covering up to 60 minutes of content.
As they say, there is always a loophole for everything. We have discovered a universal method for downloading Instagram videos. No matter what device you’re using, you can go ahead and save those videos to enjoy later.
- Open the instastories.pro app on your device.
- Enter the username or link of the Instagram account in the search box from which you wish to download a video.
- The profile of the said username will open on the InstaStories. Watch the site where you’ll be able to see all public information of the user.
- Select the video you want to download.
- Right-click on the video, and tap the save video option from the popup list.
- After that, save the video on your PC’s desired spot. That’s it.
How to Download Instagram Videos on a PC
Suppose you are using Instagram, just like a video, and want to save it to your PC. Here, we have shared 2 different methods to save an IG video on your PC.
Method 1: Save Instagram Video on PC Via Screen Recording
If you’re a desktop or laptop user, you can easily screen record on your macOS or Windows PC to download Insta videos directly to your PC. Here is the step to see how:
- First, you’ll have to launch the Xbox game bar on your PC, which you can easily launch by pressing the Windows button + G.
- Open the video you want to save to your Instagram app or site.
- Press the capture button on the Xbox game bar another popup will open
- Press the start recording button, and your screen will start recording instantly. You can toggle the play and pause buttons using the recorder that will appear on the top right side of the screen
Pro tip: If you already have the Xbox game bar launched on your PC, just Press the Windows key + alt + R to start recording your screen.
Method 2: Save Insta Video Using Development tools
This section will show you how to utilize your browser tools to download Instagram videos.
- Go to Instagram and open the video that you want to download.
- Right-click on the video, and a drop-down menu will open; depending on your computer, you will see either options, ‘inspect element’ or ‘view page source,’ and click on it.
- A code page will appear. Now press ctrl + F for the find option and type .mp4.
- A coding section will appear with a highlighted mp4.
- Copy the link section starting with src and ending with mp4.
- Paste the link in a new tab, then right-click on the video to open a drop-down menu.
- Select the option ‘save video as’ and voila! The video will be downloaded to your PC.
How to Download Instagram Videos on iPhone
Instagram users can also save the video content if they are iOS users. Here are the 3 methods to save the Insta video content on your iPhone.
Method 1: How to Download IG Video via Screen Recording
If you’re an iPhone user, then you can easily screen record from your iPhone the Instagram videos through your phone.
- Open the accessibility shortcuts menu on your iPhone
- In the above menu, you’ll see the screen recording option; now, go to the video you want to record.
- Open the menu and hit the screen record button for the recording to start.
- Press the same button again for the recording to stop, and your recorded video will be saved in your phone gallery.
Method 2: Save Insta Video via Safari
To download ig videos through your iPhone browser, Safari:
- Go to your Instagram app and open the video you wish to download.
- Copy the video link by tapping on the three dots on the video and selecting the ‘copy link’ option.
- Next, open the Safari browser and paste the link; wait a few seconds for the browser to fetch the desired video.
- As soon as the video appears, hit the download button for the video to be downloaded on your phone.
- Go to the downloads folder on your phone and select the video. Now press ‘save video’ in the sharing icon to save the video in your photo gallery.
Method 3: How to Save Instagram Videos on iPhone via Apps
Several apps can be used to save Instagram videos, and one such app is Blaze. It is a browser and file manager for iPhone to help manage vast data and makes it easier to download pictures and videos from the internet.
To download an Instagram video through Blaze, follow the super simple steps:
- Download the Blaze browser and file manager from the app store and launch it on your device.
- Now go to the video on IG that you wish to download and, click on the three dots, copy the video link.
- Paste the video link on the search bar of the Blaze browser.
- Select the red download button on the top left corner of the page.
- A popup will open where you have to select the option that is most suitable for you. You can save the video to your photo gallery or export it to any other app.
Some other iPhone browsers can also be used to save data from any app, be it Instagram videos, images, or movies. Because all iPhone users know how tedious it can get to download stuff. To make this task easier, you can also use:
- Total browser
- Brave browser
How to Download Instagram Videos on Android
If you want to save a video from Insta and are an Android user, you have three different methods. Which are;
Method 1: Screen-Record an Instagram Video
- Open the Instagram app and find the video that you wish to save
- Tap on the screen record button in the drop-down menu on your Android phone to start recording the screen.
- When you’re done, stop the video, and your recording will automatically be saved into your camera roll.
Method 2: How to Download Instagram Video via Cache
To download an IG story or videos through your browser, go to the Insta site and:
- Play the desired video, and be sure to watch it until the end
- Now, go to your phone file manager and take the following steps: Android → data → instagram.com.android → cache → videos
- Here, you will find the Cache of all the videos you have played with the extension. You can tap on it and play any video you want.
Method 3: Save Instagram Videos from Apps on Android
There are many apps available that can be used to download IG reels, highlights, and stories. But the one that is considered the easiest to use is the InShot app. This is a free tool where users can download multiple photos and videos. Let’s see how it works:
- Download the InShot app from the Play Store and open it.
- Copy the link to the IG video that you want to download.
- Paste the link to the InSaver option on InShot to download the high-quality video.
Apart from InShot, other apps can also be used to download videos or any content from Instagram, like Repost for Instagram, InsTake, and InstaGet, among many more.
How to Download Instagram Reels, Stories, IGTV and Highlights
Video reel stories IGTV and highlights are almost similar, and so is downloading them. You can use third-party websites like Instagram Reel Downloader, also known as instastories.pro or StoriesIG.
- Go to one of the above websites and type in the username of the Instagram account you want to download reels, stories, IGTV, or highlights from.
- Go to the said account and the desired video.
- On the top of the video, there will be an option to download the video to your PC or phone. Hit that button, and the video will be downloaded to your downloads folder or phone gallery.
Some of the Best Instagram Video Downloader
iTubeGo is a free online video downloader application that allows users to convert and download media files from their favorite social media sites, including IG, YouTube, Tiktok, and Facebook, worldwide. Users can use the app on their phones and tablet devices. You can check out our review guide on iTubeGO to know all the details about this tool.
Picuki is a free Instagram editor viewer and downloader tool that lets users edit, view, and download their favorite insta public profiles. It is a user-friendly app where you can view, edit, and download photo and video posts, reels, stories, and highlights from IG. You can use this tool on your Android phone, iphone, or PC.
This app is an online anonymous IG video viewer and downloader that allows users to use Instagram. Users don’t even need to sign up to use the tool. This tool lets Users download the reels, stories, and videos and generate avatars. Go through this post on Imginn to know all about this tool.
If you want to browse and download IG photos and video stories, highlights, posts, and reels anonymously, Dumpor is another great option. Furthermore, dumpor users can also watch public stories, follower posts, and tagged posts of public insta profiles. Plus, users can use it for free without assembling any account on the software.
Storistalker is an anonymous IG story viewer application that allows its users to see and download photos and videos like posts, stories highlights. However, it is the best app if someone wants to stay anonymous while being able to keep up with their favorite Instagram accounts. If you want to download Instagram videos from Storistalker, read this guide: Storistalker -Anonymous Instagram Story Viewer.
- How to Download Instagram Threads App Today!
- Instagram Released Redesigned Editor for Reels, Trending Section & More