Are you sick of receiving full storage messages on your Apple Watch? So don’t worry! Here’s a guide that may help you to free up space by explaining a few steps about How to Free Space on your Apple Watch. And you can also learn about How to fix Time on your Apple Watch because after resetting or removing your watch data to free up space, you have to fix the time again.
Unlike iPhone or iPad, your Apple Watch doesn’t provide you much space for music, podcasts, and all other content you might try to install on it. Although it also depends on which version of Apple Watch you use, as you will get 32GB of Space in Apple Watch Ultra, Series 8, 7, 6, 5, and SE. However, you only get 16GB on the Series 4 and Series 3 GPS + Cellular models and just 8GB for the Series 3 GPS model.
Generally, your Apple Watch occupies too much space with two large files, including songs and photos, with apps that occupy the rest of the Space. The song and photos are added to the Watch for offline use. Therefore, you must first check out how much Space your Apple Watch takes up.
Related: How to Back Up the Apple Watch Data
Check Storage Space to Free Space on Apple Watch
Do the following things individually to check out the available storage space directly on your Apple Watch.
- Go to Settings from your AppleWatch Home Screen.
- Select General below the My Watch tab.
- Tap Usage.
Now you can see the storage category displaying the available and used Space. Swipe down your screen to find out what type of content and how much space each content occupies, including Music, Podcasts, and Photos.
Remove Unnecessary Apps
Hope you have come to know which application is taking up the most storage so that you may delete it if you no longer need it.
Look at deleted apps by using the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Open App and scroll down the My Watch Screen until you see the installed Apple Watch section.
- Tap the name of the App you want to delete, then turn off the Show App on the Apple Watch switch; eventually, the Application will be deleted from your Apple Watch.
Heading towards the previous screen, the App now shows in the Available App category, where you can always reinstall it on your Watch by pressing the install button.
But you should go through the following steps to remove an app directly from the Watch.
- Press the Digital Crown to look at the Home screen with all your apps.
- If the Home screen is in Grid View, slightly press down on any icon until they all begin shaking.
- There ‘s an X button on the App Tap on it if you wish to remove it and tap Delete App. Press the Digital Crown to prevent the icons from shaking up.
If you want to delete the Application from your Watch directly, press the Digital Crown to see the Home screen with all the apps on your phone interface. If the Home screen is in Grid position, slightly Tap down on any icon until they all get shaken.
- Tap on the X button on the App you want to delete.
- Now Tap Delete App entry to confirm.
When the Home screen is available in a grid view, swipe through the list until you see the Application you want to delete from your Watch. Scroll towards the App’s entry to the left and tap the trash icon. Now Tap on Delete App entry to confirm.
Delete Music & Get Space on your Apple Watch
You can delete any music album from your Apple Watch by opening the Watch app on your iPhone. Swipe down the My Watch section and choose the Music entry.
The option for Recent Music automatically adds songs to the recently played album. If the option is activated, and you want to check how much space you have left, turn off this switch to delete the recently played albums. Later, tap on the Edit button in the upper right corner.
Tap the Delete icon on any playlist or album you want to delete. Then Tap the Delete button.
Or, if you want to delete the album directly from your Apple Watch, follow the instructions below.
- Open the Music app on your Watch. Swipe down on every album thumbnail until you see iPhone & Library entries.
- Then, you’ll have to select Albums and swipe under the screen until you see an album to remove.
Swipe towards the album name on the left side, tap the ellipsis, and choose the Remove button. The App asks if you want to delete the album from your Library or delete the downloaded music from the Watch. Tap on Remove Download. Finally, the album is now deleted from your Watch.
Fix the Photo Sync
It’s worth saying that apps do not take up much space. Instead, photos and music are particularly involved in taking up most of the Space on the Apple Watch. So you can change the setting for the photos that are transferring the photos from your Phone to your Watch.
Launch the Watch App on your iPhone, then scroll down the My Watch section and tap the entry for Photos. Whether the option is active to Mirror my iPhone or Custom, you can change the synced album and the number of photos saved to your Watch.
Tap Syc Album & convert it to another album, maybe one with some photos. Tap on Photos Limit and decrease the number of synced Photos to fewer than 25. Your Watch will then update the synced gallery.
Tips to Prevent Apple Watch Storage from Getting Full Again
Below are some key tips to keep your Apple Watch storage from becoming full again.
- Limit the number of photos from galleries, podcasts, and audiobooks you transfer to your Apple Watch.
- Deactivate the option to add recently played songs automatically.
- Only install the apps you need on your smart Watch.
Still, if your Apple Watch shows a notification about insufficient storage, in that case, you must remove the music tracks or photos as soon as possible because both are almost contributing to taking up much space. Besides, you can remove other apps, audiobooks, and podcasts to regain storage space on your Apple Watch.
- Apple Watch Won’t Pair with iPhone
- How To Take Apple Watch Band Off
- A Big Announcement by Apple Company to Deliver Update for Apple Watch