Are you an iOS user wondering how to jailbreak your iPhone? We all know that, unlike Androids, iOS doesn’t support third-party apps on Apple devices. Making it difficult for iOS users making it impossible to modify some of the aspects of their iPhone.
The user is stuck with whatever is in the App Store due to these many limitations. But here we come to your rescue by mentioning everything you need to know about how to Jailbreak iPhone to understand the whole process.
Table of Contents
What is iPhone Jailbreak?
Jailbreaking is a process that means you free your iPhone from all the limitations that Apple imposes. However, you can continue to use the App Store and install any app from whatever store you like. You can also change the look of the operating system. Jailbreaking was an essential thing to do in the past for running apps and gives you customization options but is full of security risks.
Jailbreaking is a less talked about thing now; with the always evolving new features of the iOS system, Apple has added many features that were only available to the jailbreak community in the past. However, the jailbreaking thing can still come in handy to install and run apps. These are unauthorized apps on the App Store.
Jailbreaking does come with potential risks; obviously, if you going against an iOS system, then some things could go wrong in the process. And no one will be held responsible for any risk you face; this guide also does not guarantee you a successful Jailbreak.
How to Jailbreak iPhone with any iOS Version
Checkra1n is the finest method to jailbreak an iPhone. This tool gives an advantage of hardware vulnerability in any of the iOS devices with the chip A5 or A11 and even with iOS 14, which means that it encompasses any iPhone model that was released between 2011 and 2017.
Checkra1n is based on a hardware attack that cannot be fixed by Apple, apparently. Also, the only drawback of Checkra1n is that the software tool is limited to the MacBook and Linux operating systems.
Step-by-step Guide on Installing a Jailbreak Software for iPhone
Furthermore, here we have mentioned for you the guide to follow in order to install jailbreak software.
- Download Checkra1n, open your downloads folder, and double-click “DMG.”
- Then, drag the Checkra1n icon to the Applications and install it in the macOS Applications folder.
- After that, open your macOS Applications folder and locate the checkra1n app.
- Now right-click or CTRL-click on the checkra1n app and click on “Open” from the menu. You will see a message stating that macOS can’t verify the developer.
- Then click on the “Open” confirm that you want the app to open.
- If you don’t see an Open option, then click Cancel and make sure you’ve done the previous step correctly.
- Also, if you want to jailbreak an iPhone X or iPhone 8 with iOS 14, then you will have to disable Face ID or Touch ID before you continue.
- After that, you will connect your Apple device to your Mac with the help of a USB.
- Then tap the Trust button on the prompt that appears, and enter your device passcode.
- Then the checkra1n app will automatically detect your device and will show whether or not it’s supported.
- Now click on the Start button to start the jailbreaking process.
- Then, you will be prompted to put your iPhone into the “DFU mode.” Press the side and volume button together for 10 seconds but release it before the Apple logo appears, then press for another five seconds; the app should detect your device by then. (Ensuring that your iPhone is connected to your Mac during the process.)
- On your home screen, you will find a checkra1n loader appearing once the Jailbreak is completed.
- Finally, from the checkra1n app, click open on Cydia to install the package manager. The Cydia allows you to install all the other apps you want on your jailbroken device.
Checking your iOS Device Model Before Jailbreaking
Apple disapproves of jailbreaking, as it threatens your mobile security. But the thing we should know is that this jailbreaking threatens and exploits iOS security. The system becomes more secure whenever a new version or upcoming iOS system is released. Requiring the jailbreaking community to find other ways to customize Apple security would install their custom operating system for the enhancements.
Apple has limitations when it comes to jailbreaks it is not for the iOS 15. However, it does support some of the iOS 14 versions, as Apple forbids users to downgrade to older iOS versions, which can leave you out of luck from accessing the Jailbreak. However, all Touch models of iPods and iPhones support almost every version of iOS. You can process Jailbreak with the iPhone X or another older model. Well, here is how to check the iOS version on your iPhone or iPod Touch:
- Open the “Settings” and tap on the “General.”
- Then tap “About.”
- Then, look right beside the Software Version in the second row. The iOS version of your iPhone or iPod will appear.
- Then you will also find your device model, which’ll be listed here, in the third row, beside Model Name.
Here are a Few Things to Remember Before You Jailbreak an iPhone
So, after you have checked your device’s iOS version, download a software called Checkra1n for jailbreaking provides support for some iOS 14 devices. Jailbreaking will allow you to install apps that aren’t allowed on the App Store. Allowing you to have more control over your iPhone.
- Ensure to back up your iPhone data before jailbreaking it.
- You won’t be allowed to get an updated version of iOS right away. Using Apple’s built-in software updates after you’ve jailbroken your iPhone.
- Also, updating iOS will undo your Jailbreak, and you will have to do the whole process all over again. (One might assume that this Jailbreak is also for the newer versions of iOS. Well, it won’t be; it takes some for-jailbreak community when Apple releases a new update)
- The worse that could happen to your phone is that it wouldn’t store any of your data, or the worst situation can be that an update could brick your iPhone making it incapable of starting up at all.
- Jailbreaking iOS is legal in the United States; however, it can be illegal in different places. Apple highly warns against jailbreaking, stating that it can introduce risks like security vulnerabilities, shorten your iPhone battery life, and so on.
- Take Passovers iOS System Recovery Prepared At 30% Cheaper to Welcome New iPhone 15 and iOS 17!
- The Perfect Guide to Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone [Any Model]
- How to Reverse Image Search on iPhone
- 4 Ways to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone 15