Are you curious that your friend has blocked you from Twitter (X)? But you don’t know how to find out who blocked me on Twitter X? So read this guide and find out.
Table of Contents
How to Find Out Who Blocked Me on Twitter (X) App
It is so annoying when someone blocks you, and your mind raises many questions, including who and why shut you off from their X. Unfortunately, Twitter (X) does not give us a direct way to know the answers to these questions.
However, you can find out a specific user who removed you from X account by using the below-mentioned methods.
Using the Search Bar
- Log in to your X account and navigate to the search bar at the top of the page.
- Now, type the username you think blocks you.
- After that, visit their profile. If you are blocked from the user, you will not see their name, tweets, replies, location, and bio. You have no options to connect with the user.
If you see a typical profile, bio, and recent tweets of that person you have searched. It means that you are not blocked from the user.
NOTE: You can also confirm whether the user has blocked you or not by searching that suspect username from a different X account.
Using the Blolook
A third-party app, Blolook, is a free-to-use app that is helpful for you to find out the number of people who have blocked you on (X). But this app does not tell you the person’s name.
- Go to the Blolook website or app.
- Log in to X through the Blolook.
- Now, authorize the app to access your X account.
- When you are done with it, Blolook will give you all the details about the blocking chart.
What Happens When Someone Blocked Me or You Blocked Someone on X
- You can’t follow that user who has blocked you, and they can’t follow you back.
- Your tweets and that blocked user’s tweets do not appear on either of your X feeds. Both of you can see each other in mentioned tweets of your followers.
- When someone blocks you or you block them, both of you can’t find the profiles in the search.
- If you block someone on (X) Twitter, they can’t see your profile. But if you have a private Twitter (X) account, they can’t see your profile after being logged out of their account.
- Neither of you can’t tag them in a tweet, DM (Direct Message), and join X Twitter Spaces whether you or someone blocked.
- Also, Twitter (X) will not allow you to retweet their tweets.
How to Block and Unblock a Person on Twitter (X)
X account is easy to handle because you can block and unblock the users whom you don’t want to interact with. After too much troll running on Twitter (X), it’s important to know how to silence a noise.
Blocked Someone on X
- Open the X app on your device.
- Tap on the search bar and type the username you want to block.
- Now open the profile of the user.
- On the profile option, you will see three dots. Click on that.
- As you click, a menu appears on your screen.
- Tap on the block button to confirm it.
Unblock Someone on X
- Open the profile of the user you want to unblock.
- You can see the three dots on the profile. Tap on it
- Now click the unblock option.
- Here, you have to confirm your option.
Do I Block People Who Have Already Blocked Me?
Social media platforms like WhatsApp, WeChat, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat do not allow their users to block people who have already blocked them. But this social media app, X, allows you to block someone who has already blocked you. However, it sounds weird that both of you had to block each other.
Below are the steps that will guide you on how you can block someone who has already blocked you.
- Open your Twitter (X) app and log into your account.
- Go to the user’s profile you want to block.
- On the profile, you will see the three dots option. Tap on it.
- A list of options will pop up on your screen.
- Click on the block option and confirm your blocking.
Is There a Better Way Than Blocking?
As mentioned above, when you block a user on Twitter (X) and search your profile from their account, he will know that you have blocked them. It becomes fizzy between both of you.
However, there is a better option for you than blocking a person. If you don’t want to see a person’s profile or tweet on your profile, you can remove them by Muting and SoftBlock their profile.
Soft Block User on Twitter (X)
X has also launched a feature, SoftBlock, that lets the user confiscate a follower without blocking them. It is quite different from blocking someone because when you soft-block a user, they can’t see your tweets and retweets on their feed.
The users whom you have soft block must visit your profile to view your tweets. Moreover, that user will not get a notification if someone soft blocks them.
To soft block someone on Twitter X, you can follow these simple steps.
- Open the (X) Twitter app and log into the account.
- Searched the user’s name on the searched bar that you want to block.
- Open their X profile.
- Now click on the three dots option that appears on your page.
- A menu will pop up on your screen. Here, you will choose “Block@user.”
- Now confirmed it again by taping on the Blocked.
- The user is now soft-blocked from your account.
- Your next step is to click on the Blocked button, and then the unblocked option will pop up here, and select the undo.
Note: When you block the user, the undo option will immediately appear on your screen, and you have to do it at the moment rapidly.
Mute a User on Twitter (X)
If you mute a user account that you have unfollowed, their tweets no longer show you on your Twitter (X) feed, and you will not get any notification on your account. But their profile will still appear on your follower’s list, and the user can contact you directly through the direct message.
But now, you will not be able to view their tweets on your feed anymore. But they are able to see your profile and send you comments on your tweets, and you will not get notified about it.
Here are the steps to mute someone on X.
- Log in to Twitter (X) and search for the user you want to mute.
- Go to their profile and press the three dots button, which is shown at the top right corner of the mobile’s screen.
- Now tap on the Mute to mute the user from your account.
Unfortunately, Twitter (X) doesn’t have an option to see who shut off you. But if you think that someone is blocking you on Twitter (X) and you want to know who they are, you can use the methods mentioned above that I shared with you on this page.
So let us know in the comment section if you know any other method to see who blocked me on Twitter (X).
Q: How to find who unfollowed me on X?
If you think that someone unfollowed you on X, go to their profile. If the gray tag is away, it means that users have unfollowed you. You can also check it in your followers list to find that missing user.
Q: What are the alternatives to blolook?
TwitBlock, BlockCheck, and WhoBlockedMe, Mastodon are the three best alternatives to Blolook; you can try to know who blocked you on Twitter.
Q: How do I unblock myself on Twitter?
You can’t unblock yourself on X due to the security reasons. However, if you want to get your account back, contact the X support team. They will review your request then they resolve to unblock you or not.