Are you frustrated with unwanted calls and texts from your TextNow number? In this post, we will guide you through simple steps on how you can release your existing number and get a new TextNow number.
|Key Point: Removing and getting the new number on TextNow is only possible with Android and iPhone Devices, as this feature is not available on the desktop version.
Table of Contents
How to Get a New TextNow Number
TextNow is a free VoIP (voice over internet protocol) app that provides numbers to its users to make calls and send text messages all over the USA and Canada. Users can change the TextNow number every fifteen days from the assigned date.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to get a new number on this app.
- Open the TextNow app on your cell phone and log in with your credentials
- Now tap on the three-line icon you will see at the top right corner.
- Go to settings and click on the Account button.
- In the account section, click on the TextNow number.
- Tap on the three dots that are shown in the top right corner.
- Select Release Number to remove your old number.
- Your number will be removed. Now, you can easily get a new number with some easy steps.
- Close the app and open it again to get a new number.
- Open the TextNow app and Tap on continue.
- Enter your area code and click on Continue.
- Select a number from the list and click on Continue. That’s it.
Why can’t we Choose a Custom Number on TextNow?
Most people are searching for how to create their number on this app according to their choices, but unfortunately, users cannot fully customize their numbers. Currently, this app only gives authority to choose an area code. When you enter the preferred area code, the system will show all the available numbers in that particular area.
How Can You Save Your TextNow Number From Being Recycled?
TextNow provides free VOIP (voice-over internet protocol) numbers to its users. However, this phone number is free to use, but the real problem with these numbers is that they do not truly belong to one person.
That means when you are not using your TextNow number for a certain time, the number will be removed from your account, and the server will assign this same number to another user.
This app provides a service to hold your number as long as you want, but this service is not free. You have to purchase a lock-in subscription for $4.99 per month. After this subscription, it is not the concern of TextNow that you use this number regularly and not using this number at all. This number totally belongs to you as long as you pay their subscription fee.
TextNow Offers SIM Card
TextNow app is only running on WiFi, but what if someone’s Wifi is not accessible all the time? TextNow introduced its SIM card for those users who can’t connect their phones to WiFi all the time. This SIM provides a 4G/5G network along with free unlimited calls and messages.
Moreover, to avail of these incredible services, combine your TextNow app with its one-time purchase SIM card for $4.99. After buying this SIM card, you can enjoy free phone service for a lifetime. You don’t have to pay any bill for phone calls and text messages.
However, if you need 4G/5G data, you have to purchase it separately according to your needs. This SIM card service is only available in the United States.
How can I Use Multiple TextNow Numbers on One device?
Suppose you want to get multiple textnow numbers at the same time. You have to create different TextNow accounts for this purpose. However, TextNow only assigns one number to one credential; firstly, you have to get different emails and phone numbers to create an account on TextNow.
Getting a new TextNow number is easy and only takes a couple of minutes to carry out.
Keep in mind that when you get a new number, your previous TextNow number is no longer available to use in your account. Moreover, if you don’t want to deliver your friends and family messages to someone else, you should notify them that you have updated your number.
- How to Call Private (5 Secret Tricks)
- Best TravelTech Trends 2023 and Prepaid SIM Card USA
- Cellular Network Not Available For Voice Calls (8 Quick Fixes)
- How to block texts on iPhone – 5 Amazing ideas to apply
- 3 Quick Ways to Fix Your Screen Time Passcode (With Bonus Tips)