YouTube is undoubtedly one of the most popular video-sharing platforms, offering vast content to suit every interest and preference. As users navigate through countless videos, YouTube keeps track of their viewing history, creating a personalized experience and suggesting related content.
However, there may be instances when you want to pause the accumulation of your watch history, whether it’s to maintain privacy, avoid cluttered recommendations, or simply take a break from personalized content.
This guide will explore how to pause watch history on YouTube, empowering you to have greater control over your viewing experience. By implementing these simple steps, you can temporarily halt the tracking of your watched videos and enjoy a more anonymous or diverse YouTube journey.
Also, you may check out How to Cancel Your YouTube TV Subscription?
Table of Contents
How to Pause Watch History on Youtube on Phone (Android & iPhone)
Here are the steps on how to pause watch history on Youtube mobile phones:
- Open the Youtube app on your smartphone
- You will see history > Tap on view all on the right side of the screen
- On the history page > select three dots icon
- Tap history control > Open it
- The history and privacy section will open. Now toggle the pause watch history button to on.
- A reconfirmation message will open > Click on pause
- The watch history is paused.
How to Pause Watch History on Youtube TV
Here are the steps on how to pause watching history on Youtube TV:
- Go to the Youtube TV website or app.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Select Settings.
- Click on Privacy.
- Under Watch History, toggle Pause watch history to On.
Note: Once you have paused your watch history, YouTube TV will no longer track your videos. This means that your watch history will not be used to generate recommendations for you.
How to Pause Watch History on Youtube Chrome
Here are the steps on how to pause watch history on Youtube Google Chrome:
- Go to YouTube in Chrome.
- Click on the three dots in the top right corner.
- Select History.
- At the top of the page, click Pause watch history.
Note: Once you have paused your watch history, YouTube will no longer track your videos. This means that your watch history will not be used to generate recommendations for you.
How to Pause Watch History on Youtube PC
Here are the steps on how to pause watch history on a Youtube desktop:
- Go to your favorite browser
- Select history from the main menu on the left
- Click pause watch history on the right side of the screen
- Now your watch history will be paused.
Note: You can follow the same pattern to unpause your watch history whenever you like. Moreover, you can also select Manage All History directly from the same menu to delete specific items from the history.
Pausing your watch history on YouTube is a simple way to keep your viewing habits private. This can be useful if you don’t want YouTube to use your watch history to generate recommendations or if you’re sharing your device with someone else and you don’t want them to see what you’ve been watching.
- How to Block Shorts on Youtube
- How to Get 1000 Subscribers on Youtube for Free
- How To Watch Private Youtube Videos