Are you worried about your Snapchat being locked? Well, don’t worry about this. We have got you covered. In this article, we have discussed the ways how to unlock Snapchat. Once Snapchat has permanently locked your account, it becomes very difficult to get it back. However, it is not impossible to do with the right techniques discussed in this article.
Table of Contents
How to Unlock Snapchat Easy Ways:
In this article, we have mentioned some ways that can help you to unlock Snapchat.
Method 1: Unlock Snapchat Using Your Unlock Page:
- If you have any third-party apps or plugins to access your Snapchat account, then you will have to completely uninstall them from your phone before signing in again.
- So, if your account was locked temporarily, visit the Snapchat site on the browser on whatever device you want to log in from and unlock your Snapchat after several hours. If it’s a serious offense, then you will have to wait for 24 hours for the unlock.
- Log into your Snapchat account using the same username and password. After you’ve logged in, tap on the “Unlock.” it will show a message that confirms that your account is now unlocked.
- Now verify your email address with Snapchat to avoid being deactivated when you add too many friends on Snapchat.
Method 2: Contact Snapchat for Unlock:
If you are still unable to access your account even after 24 hours, use the unlock page method.
- Go visit the “help.snapchat.com” site on your browser, as contacting Snapchat helps you to get your account unlocked.
- Then tap the circle that is next to “My account login.” As it is the first option below, “What can we help you with?”
- Click the circle which is next to “I think my account was hacked.” It’s one of the options mentioned below, the “Oh no! Tell us more.”
- After that, click “YES” below the “Need help with something else?” Now, this will display a form that you can use to send Snapchat an email.
- Then, enter your username, email, and phone number in the provided blanks.
- Finally, type a polite email to Snapchat and express why your account was locked and assure the app management that you will follow the terms and services from now onwards. And that’s how you unlock your Snapchat.
The Alternative Methods:
There are some alternative methods as well that we have mentioned below to make how to unlock Snapchat process more convenient and simpler.
Note: You can also delete your old Snapchat account and create a new account that could help you in unbanning and unlocking your Snapchat.
Using a Different Connection or Device:
Sometimes, using a different device or internet connection can also get your Snapchat account a permanent ban.
- Install the Snapchat app on the device on which you haven’t used the app before and try to use a different Wifi network.
- Then, create a brand-new account on Snapchat with all new login credentials.
- Don’t be highly active on the account for a few days. Like, don’t add too many friends, posting stories, etc.
- After some time, try to log into your old locked Snapchat account on the device. There is a possibility the system won’t recognize the ban on your new device.
The above-given method will work best if your account was banned for something minor like underage usage or copyright issues. However, for more serious violations of terms and services, Snapchat’s systems may still detect the permanent ban. It’s worth a shot, though.
Resetting Your Router and Your IP Address
By resetting your router and your IP address, you can make Snapchat think that you are a new user. You must follow these steps for a reset:
- Firstly, look for a “Reset: button on your Wifi router and press it, as it will reset the settings and change your home’s IP address.
- Then disconnect your modem from the power for about 5 minutes before you reconnect. Because this will release and refresh your IP from the Internet Service Provider.
- Now that your Wifi is back up connect your phone and try to log into your Snapchat. It is most likely not to recognize the permanently banned IP address and device details. And you can unlock Snapchat that easily.
- Unlike before, try to lay low with all Snapchat activity on this account. Snapchat’s systems might link the suspicious activity if you are doing too much at once.
What is a Locked Snapchat?
There can be many reasons why your Snapchat account can either be temporarily or permanently locked, and many ways can help you on how to unlock Snapchat account.
Reasons Behind Your Locked Snapchat Account:
Snapchat wants the app to be safe for everyone, so if the Snapchat authority detects any suspicious activity going on your account, the account will get locked immediately. These are the reasons why your Snapchat account can be locked:
- Adding many friends on Snapchat.
- If you are using third-party apps to access the app.
- Include spamming
- Sending inappropriate snaps
- Impersonating another person
- Copyright violations
- If the Snapchat authority detects shady behavior like hacking, accounts for buying/selling, or any bot activity going on, your account will be banned permanently.
- So, the Snapchat guidelines require users to be at least 13 years old. If they’re younger than that, their account will be banned.
Types of Locked Accounts and Ways to Unlock Your Snapchat:
As mentioned above, there are different types of locked Snapchat accounts. Here, we have briefly described them below for you to understand how to unlock Snapchat:
- Temporary Locked: If your Snapchat account is temporarily locked, you can try logging into via the Snapchat app or the Snapchat on the website and select the “Unlock.” You must check the reasons your account may have been locked because of before you log in, or else it will be permanently locked.
- Permanent Locked: If the user is trying to log in to their Snapchat account and sees the message that the “account has been permanently locked,” it means you have surely violated the community guidelines mentioned above.
- Snapchat Release Chatbot Powered by ChatGPT to All Users
- Snapchat Premium: Boom With New Incredible Features
- How to Take Screenshots on Snapchat (Without Them Knowing)
- How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat
- What’s Wrong with Snapchat 2024 [Time to Tweak It]
- How to Change Snapchat Username & Display Name
- How To Create a Private Story on Snapchat at the Coming Event