Does the quality of your laptop camera annoy you? Then this article is for you; let’s find out how to use your iPhone as a Webcam. Yes, we know that a tiny embedded web camera can make you look like a pixelated blob in your Zoom or need a virtual webcam for all the virtual meetings.
Yes, you read it right, the smartphones, yes ones you carry all the time with you in your pocket, can be more helpful for you in increasing your video quality.
Table of Contents
Things to Make Sure Before Using the iPhone as Webcam
You start making sure to remember the following things before you can use the Continuity camera on your iPhone:
- Sign in to both of the devices using the same Apple ID.
- To enable the Apple Continuity camera, ensure that your Mac has macOS 13 and your iPhone has iOS 16 or even later. (However, to enable all the options for Continuity Camera, your Mac must have macOS 14, and your iPhone must have iOS 17.)
- Also, ensure that you and your devices meet the Apple Support system requirements on Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple Watch.
How to Use the iPhone as Webcam on MacBook Step-by-step
Here is a simple guide for you to follow in order to use your iPhone rear camera as a webcam:
- Firstly, turn the Wifi and bluetooth on both your iPhone and Macbook.
- Next, go to your iPhone settings and type “webcam” in the search bar. General settings will appear.
- Then tap AirPlay & Handoff, and make sure that “Continuity Camera” is turned on.
- Then go to your PC and open the app you use the webcam for could be Zoom, Google Meet, Facetime, or any app that you use for video-calling.
- After that, go to the option that allows you to select the camera.
- Select your iPhone from the list from the pop-up camera menu.
- MacOS continuity camera also has these built-in features like Centre Stage, which automatically tracks as you move. It also has the Portrait, which can blur your background for a better video-calling experience.
- Well, that’s it; this is how you can use an iPhone webcam.
How to Use iPhone as Webcam on Windows
To use the iPhone webcam on your Windows, follow these steps:
- Go to Chrome, search Epoccam on your laptop, and open the first link.
- And then download it on your phone as well.
- Then connect your phone to your laptop through Wifi or a cable (the cable works better, though)
- After that, open the app on both your phone and laptop.
- The next thing you will see is both devices are connected, and the phone’s camera is being used.
- Then open the app you want to use the webcam for, like Zoom, and you will see it will use a phone camera by default.
- Then go under Camera options and choose the “Elegato Virtual Camera.”
- And boom, you have the best video quality.
- 4 Ways to Transfer Contacts from Android to iPhone 15
- The Perfect Guide to Transfer Music from Computer to iPhone [Any Model]
- How to Transfer Data from Old iPhone to New iPhone After Setup
- How to Get Free Government iPhone 13 & 14