Undoubtedly, the Walkie-Talkie app is the best option if you are trying to coordinate with your friend in a crowd. As it works like a casual Walkie-Talkie where you tap a single button, and you get your friend’s reply on releasing the button. But the question is: how to use Walkie-Talkie on the Apple watch? However, you have to fill a few requirements that you and your friend have Apple Watch Series 1 or later with watchOS 5.3 or later to access the app.
Moreover, you must set up the FaceTime app on your iOS 12.4 iPhone and make and receive FaceTime audio calls. Another thing is that both Apple Watch users must be connected to the iPhone via Bluetooth, WiFi, or cellular network.
Nevertheless, Walkie-Talkie is not accessible in all regions or countries, so make sure that when you are visiting somewhere, Apple’s WatchOS availability list. So, it seems fun to use the app on the latest versions of iOS. Hence, go through the article to see the step-by-step guide regarding the app’s usage on Apple Watch.
Suggested: How to Zoom out on Apple Watch
1. How to Add Friends on Walkie Talkie App
Initially, install the FaceTime app on your iPhone. After setting up, you will notice the Walkie-Talkie app on your watch. It is available in the yellow icon that says Talk. Now, see the following steps for adding a friend on Walkie Talkie:
- Initially, open the Walkie-Talkie app.
- Click on the Add friends (+) and select the contact to whom you want to send a message.
- Now, you have to wait for your friend to accept the invitation; till then, the card seems gray.
- Once your friend accepts the invitation, the contact card turns yellow. It means you can start the talking.
2. Accept an invitation to Apple Watch via the Walkie-Talkie App
You may also receive an invitation from a friend, so you can accept the friends request with the below instructions:
- Touch and hold the top of the Watch face with your finger and swipe down to open the Notification center.
- When you get a notification from the Walkie-Talkie app, click on it.
- Then, click on the Always Allow tab.
Note: Make sure that Do Not Disturb mode has to be turned off.
3. Start the Conversation on Apple Watch
After adding a friend, you seem confused about how to start the conversation. So, here are the steps for starting the conversation on Apple Watch:
- Firstly, open the Walkie-Talkie.
- Secondly, click a friend to whom you want to talk.
- Now, touch and hold the talk button; after that, say something.
- Wait until Walkie-Talkie starts to connect if you see the connecting sign on the screen. It means the connection has been established. Now, your friend can hear your voice when you release the button.
Note: Your friend will receive notifications as long as he is wearing the Apple Watch, and the app has to be turned on during the conversation. Furthermore, you can also alter the volume through Digital Crown.
4. Talk with a Single Click on Apple Watch via Walkie-Talkie
Another way you can use it is a single tap to Talk if you feel complexity in keeping your finger pressed on the Talk button. So, follow the below steps:
- Firstly, open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Secondly, click on the Accessibility tab below the Walkie Talkie, and turn on the Tap to Talk.
- When the tab is on, click once to talk and tap again when you finish the talk.
5. Turn off the Walkie Talkie
It seems amusable to use the Walkie-Talkie app, but it might be possible that sometimes you don’t want unforeseen messages from friends, especially when you are at work or busy.
Thus, sometimes it creates an uncomfortable situation. So, just simply switch off Walkie Talkie again by the following steps:
- Open the Walkie-Talkie app first.
- Press the Available card to turn on or off Walkie Talkie.
- If someone wants to contact you when you are unavailable, you will receive a notification requesting to talk from Walkie Talkie.
- Moreover, you can also twirl Walkie Talkie on or off by clicking the Walkie-Talkie button in Control Center.
You may still hear the chimes and your friend’s voice even after turning on the Silent Mode in Control Center. Additionally, Walkie-Talkie makes you unavailable to talk if you switch on Theater mode.
Another thing is enabling Do Not Disturb to reflect your iPhone settings so that you can control which Walkie-Talkie alerts emerge and when.
6. Remove a Friend from Walkie Talkie App on Apple Watch
Several people seem really fond of the Walkie-Talkie app and always send texts. But you might feel frustrated with that friend who will bother you. So, you can easily remove it from your list for the time being. Thus, apply the below instructions for your ease:
- Initially, access the Walkie-Talkie app and find the friend whom you want to remove.
- Then, swipe left and click on Delete Well, you can again add your friend if you feel that he is not bothering you further.
7. What if You are Facing Issues While Sending & Receiving Invitations
Apply the following steps if you are having issues while sending or receiving the invitations on Walkie-Talkie:
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone first. After that, click on FaceTime. Ensure that you log in with your Apple ID. Then, check that your email address is already selected in the option You Can Be Reached By Face Time At.
- Then, restart your Apple Watch and iPhone both.
- Again try to send the invitation. Now, open the Walkie Talkie app and swipe left on the contact. After that, click on the Delete Click the plus button and opt for the same contact.
I will conclude my article with these words: the Walkie-Talkie app is the best option to contact your friend. You can also turn off the app if you are frustrated by continuous messages all day while you are busy. Moreover, you can also temporarily remove your friend if he bothers you.
However, it is a little bit complex to access without fulfilling its requirements, but not impossible as Apple users are always fond of using attractive apps for ease and enjoyment. Hopefully, the above-completed information regarding the app is worthwhile for you. Hence, we would like to see your thoughts by commenting.