The best tool for learning, viewing, and listening to content is the streaming video-sharing platform Youtube. Currently, the administrator blocks Youtube in many schools and academies to prevent the kids and students from getting distracted. Some solutions help you to access and watch youtube on your school Chromebook or laptop.
This guide will describe a step-by-step guide to streaming youtube when the administrator blocks it.
Table of Contents
How to Watch YouTube on School Chromebook if it’s Blocked?
Chromebook is a powerful computer device that is also used in schools to easily manage and control what activities a student is doing with them. However, if you get a Chromebook in your school, and might be noticed that YouTube is blocked. In this situation, what will you do?
Here we have shared solutions you can ample to unblock YouTube on Chromebook.
Solution 1: How to Unblock YouTube on Chromebook with a VPN
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a well-known protected service that is a decent way to unblock the content blocked by restrictions, web filtering software, and censorship. The service of VPN covers your IP address and encodes your online internet traffic, making it aspect like you are surfing from a diverse location.
There are many VPN services available, like NordVPN, ExpressVPN, SurfShark, and many others, that can protect users against all kinds of cyber attacks as they make them completely anonymous. It will let the user watch youtube on their school Chromebook easily.
Below we have shared how to access and watch YouTube on your school Chromebooks or laptops using the VPN.
- First, select a VPN that you want to use and download and install it on your device.
- After that, open the VPN and sign in to the VPN service.
- Then connect to a server where the YouTube platform is not blocked.
- After connecting to the server, launch your browser, open YouTube, and watch whatever you want.
NOTE: The steps to watch above work with all devices like mobile phones (iOS, Android), laptops, and Chromebooks.
Solution 2: How to Unblock Youtube on a School Chromebook without VPN
Users can also watch a youtube video on a school computer without using the VPN service. Users can use the Google Translate feature, which is basically for translating text. The google translate service works as a trader between you and the youtube video you want to access.
However, this method is quite simple and doesn’t need any software, but it might source negligible layout or language problems on youtube.
Here we have shared the steps to watch a youtube video on a school Chromebook using Google Translate.
- Launch google translate, then type www.youtube.com in the left-hand box of Google Translate and set the translation from English to any other language.
- After that, Google Translate will offer a link in the right-hand box; tap it to open the link.
- Now you will look at the translated version of the Youtube app; here, browse the video you want.
NOTE: Remember that this method might not work if the Google Translate service is blocked in your Chromebook.
Solution 3: How to Watch Youtube on School Chromebook via a Proxy Site
Another solution is a proxy site a user can apply when they want to access youtube on a Chromebook, which the school policies of administrator block watching inappropriate content. Proxy websites work as a system that operates as an intermediary between your device and the internet connection.
However, once you connect to a proxy server, your net traffic is directed via its server. It changes its user’s IP address and makes it look like you are browsing from a different IP address.
Here are the steps to use a proxy site to access and watch youtube content.
- First of all, search for a proxy server in a location where youtube is not blocked.
- Then navigate to the proxy server site and type and enter youtube.com in the URL box.
- Now wait till the proxy server load and connect you to the youtube app.
If you have an issue while using the proxy server, read this guide to learn how to troubleshoot common issues when using a proxy server.
Solution 4: How to Access Youtube when Blocked by Administrator Chromebook
If you want to watch a video on youtube, but an administrator blocks it, you can get its access using a code bookmark on google chrome. Here we have described the steps you can follow to watch a youtube video on the school Chromebook.
- Launch the Google Chrome browser on your Chromebook device and open a new tab or window.
- Right-click on the bookmark toolbar to open the pop-up menu list.
- Then click on the add page option to open the edit bookmark page.
- After that, tap on the save tab at the bottom of the add page.
- Then search for the video you want to watch using Google and tap on the one you want to see.
- Once the video is open, hit the code bookmark to run the code.
- Now the bookmark tab will open the unblocked video in a new tab. Once it opens, play the video.
Solution 5: How to watch Youtube on School Chromebook Via Mobile Hotspot
Another way to watch YT content on Chromebook is by using the hotspot of your phone when your school administrator blocks the YT server. This solution works when users set up their phone wireless hotspot, turn on and then link it from the wifi shown on their Chromebook.
However, the process will bypass the school network restrictions of the user’s current IP address. Follow the below-mentioned steps to do that.
- On your Android or iPhone, launch the settings app.
- Then go to the hotspot option page and turn on the hotspot feature.
- After that, on your Chromebook, open the wifi settings and find your phone hotspot in the available network list.
- Link your phone’s hotspot in your Chromebook, then launch the Chrome browser, open youtube, and watch any video you want.
NOTE: Mobile data is required to use your mobile hotspot; that is why ensure you have enough data available on your phone because watching favorite videos on youtube takes a lot of data.
Solution 6: How to Access Youtube when Blocked by the Administrator
When you don’t want to use the above mention solution to access and watch youtube on a school Chromebook when authorities prohibit it. Users can use the TOR (the Onion Router), the free and open-source browser that offers anonymity while browsing the internet.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to access the youtube app via the Tor browser.
- First, download and install the Tor browser and then open it once it is installed.
- After that, type and enter ww.youtube.com in the address search bar.
- Now you can access youtube because the TOR network makes it look like you are browsing from different IP addresses.
Solution 7: Download the Youtube Video
Suppose a user wants to watch a video on youtube on a school chrome book device, but the administrator prohibits the app. In this situation, users can save the video to camera roll or download the video from another connection before the class. It lets you watch the video lined up when planning your lesson or for any other purpose. You can read this guide if you want to download youtube videos.
However, users don’t need to worry about a wifi connection because the content will be fixed on your device. While there are many software options you can pick from to download the video, it depends on which device you are using.
In this post, we have shared all the best solutions to watch youtube on the school Chromebook when the admin blocks it. If the above fixes do not solve the issue, you can directly ask your school admin to unblock your access permission, which is a great idea.
Let us know in the comment box if you want to know any questions related to the blocked youtube server.
- How to Change Language on YouTube in a Few Minutes
- How to Trim a YouTube Video
- How to Get 1000 Subscribers on Youtube for Free