Is your Hotmail not working? Email services offer users the to communicate personally and professionally straightforwardly and reliably. Hotmail is the first webmail service launched by Microsoft. It is free web-based email assistance having many effective uses. With this email, users can send and receive emails at high speed, secure their accounts, quickly Recover An Account, and many other features will be able to avail.
In Hotmail, users can Address Two People In An Email easily. they can send a particular email to multiple users without the user’s consent. There are many other email providers that provide the same service. But due to mechanical or non-technical hiccups, some problems like Hotmail not functioning may arise. If you want to solve the Hotmail issue quickly or Hotmail Issue Not Working on Chrome, follow this Hotmail Multiple Fixes Guide to resolve your problem on every device.
The development from Hotmail to Outlook hasn’t been outdoors problems. In fact, there’s been a few interruptions with users reporting Hotmail or Outlook has transpired down throughout this year at another time. In most circumstances, these will be old results not lasting very long, although some issues will be prolonged, with Outlook Login Problems being the most highlighted.
If you made a move from Hotmail to Outlook, then you might not be happy with the automatic switch and not having the ability to switch back to Hotmail again. In fact, we have noticed a few people complain about the Hotmail Spam Emails and imagine the service hasn’t improved since the modifications to their inbox. You cannot improve the outlook itself, however, you can Block the Hotmail Spam Emails and get rid of them for good.
Why Is My Hotmail Account Not Working? – Is Hotmail Dead
Hotmail was launched by Microsoft and the First Free Email Service was later renamed. It was one of the first webmail services. The account has many active uses.
However, sometimes our Hotmail account can stop operating, and we might not accept emails. This can be very distressing. If you want to know what is causing this problem and how to fix it, this blog will provide all the information.
If you are using Hotmail, you might know that this email service is now revamped into Outlook enhancing the Features of MS Office. However, you may still access your hotmail.com email using the Microsoft Outlook website.
Like any different email service, Hotmail is likewise prone to many technical hiccups. Now and then, we can see users grumbling about issues like Hotmail not functioning, not sending/ collecting emails, etc.
Reasons for Hotmail Not Working
- Cache and cookies
- Internet connection
- Incorrect details (Username & Password)
- Outdated version
- Improper configuration
- Enabled Email forwarding option
- Misconfigured email filter
- Server down problem
- Old version of Outlook (Update ASAP)
- Hotmail incompatibility with the web browser that you are currently using.
- Your device can be wrong with your iPhone, computer, android, or tablet.
- The application you are using for sending an email might not be working.
Recommended: How to Recall an Email in Outlook
How to Unblock Your Outlook Account?
Hotmail Provides Amazing Mailing Features when you use it on multiple browsers and when you access it on Google Chrome, you can get plenty of things that you can’t see in any other browser. But sometimes, many places come when Hotmail stops operating on Chrome and shows the undesired error.
There are plenty of problems behind the not working problem of Hotmail on your Chrome browser, and you can Fix Hotmail’s Not Working Problem with the help of elementary and straightforward steps. You can quickly get the perfect solution to these problems after reading this section and learn quick fixes.
- Begin by attending Microsoft Live to improve your account and reset your password.
- Enter your blocked account’s email address and enter the characters you see on your screen and select next.
- Enter the code generated by your authenticator app or select a different verification option to get a text message.
- After you enter the security code, you’ll need to change your password to complete the unblocking process.
- Make sure you create a strong and complex password to help keep your account secure.
Why Hotmail login/sign-in?
Depending on the variety of problems you are facing, there can be varying reasons behind it. Understanding the guide can help you in choosing the right step to fix the issue. The various reasons back the ‘Hotmail not working on chrome’ problem are discussed below.
- The browser you are using is not compatible.
- You are using an outdated account of your browser to open Hotmail.com.
- Your device has compatibility issues with Hotmail.
- If you are utilizing a mobile app, your app is not up to date.
- Your browser has too many caches and cookies stored.
- An antivirus or any other third-party app installed in your system is interfering with www.Hotmail.com.
- Your internet connection is not working properly.
- Your account has been suspended or blocked temporarily.
- The security of your account has been compromised.
Recommended: How to Change a Signature in Outlook
8+ Fixes: How to Solve Hotmail Not Working Issue on Chrome
Here are the following fixes for Hotmail not functioning issue on Google chrome that will be helpful for you to learn it.
1. Clear Your Browser’s Caches
- First of all, open your browser and then click on the menu available in the top-right corner.
- Click on the More tools tab and then choose Clear Browsing Data.
- Now determine the time interval and then check all boxes.
- After that, click on the Clear Data tab to complete the procedure.
2. Update Your Browser
Sometimes Chrome produces many problems while working, but execute sure that your browser is up to date. An updated variant fixes various technical problems that you confront through the accessing. To refresh, go to the settings and then check the most advanced update if available.
3. Connect Using HTTPS
- First of all, go to www.account.live.com.
- Agree on Connect with HTTPS under the other opportunities.
- Select Use HTTPS automatically.
- After that, click on the Save tab.
4. Remove and Re-add your Outlook Account for Windows & Mac
- Open the OUTLOOK app on your device. Tap the file menu in the screen’s top right corner.
- Then, choose info from the side menu bar and tap the account settings option.
- Click on the manage profiles option and select email accounts.
- After that, choose your Hotmail account that doesn’t work and tap on the remove button.
- Now, again add your account, open outlook, and tap on files.
- Click on the add account button, which is present under the info page.
- Finally, resolve the gap by filling in the Hotmail email address and password to log in.
5. Check the Third-Party App Installed In Your System
If any antivirus or other administration is causing the ‘Hotmail not working’ issue, momentarily turn it off. Once you are satisfied with Hotmail, you can then utilize the application. Similarly, you can also temporarily disable your browser extension if a problem is created due to the extensions.
6. Check Your Internet Connection
Does Outlook live not work? If not, then you need to Check Your Internet Connection. In fact, if your computer’s internet connection is not working properly, then you are likely to encounter the Outlook live not working error. When this occurs, you need to check your internet connection immediately. Before trying to access Outlook live again, solve the problem if there is no internet access.
- Reboot your modem or router and try to connect the device after a few minutes.
- Now you can connect to Hotmail. Likely, your Hotmail service will now operate properly, and you will be able to take advantage of it to the fullest.
7. Temporary Turn-off Malware
The most probable problem of not working Hotmail is to have an antivirus program. It is possible that Antivirus Software installed on your device sees your Hotmail account as a threat and therefore has flagged it as malicious. Because of the same reason, it can delay Hotmail’s normal working.
In this case, temporarily turn off your antivirus and check if doing so positively impacts Hotmail. If this fixes your problem, contact your antivirus support to safelist Hotmail.
8. Use the ReiBoot Tool
If you used all the above methods, and still your issue is not resolved, then it may be a problem in your system, and to solve it, you can get help from ReiBoot. ReiBoot is a professional tool for repairing iOS systems.
Luckily, it can fix more than 50 phone systems quickly. It enters your phone and exits when it recovers from all the fixes. In addition, if we compare it with other iOS software, it boasts a user guide and gives you a smooth user interface. And your problem will be fixed.
HOW IT WORKS
The ReiBoot offers two types of systems to repair products, and it can be downloaded free for all:
- Download Reiboot and install it on your computer.
- Open the app and connect it to your iPhone via USB to the computer.
- Now tap on the options start. Click on a fix now and tap standard repair.
- Then you must download the firmware package according to the instructions.
- After the firmware download. Tap start the standard repair, and ReiBoot will fix the phone system for you.
- Next, the repair process will be complete, and you can check whether your Hotmail problem still exists.
9. Remove Malicious Browser Add-ons
If you are a user of using browser extensions, that means making the experience easier, and these extensions may cause issues. When you install add-ons in the browser, you gain explicit permissions on your own to access your private data from the website you visit.
If you unknowingly download such an extension, it might be trying to access your info from Hotmail, and due to the security breach, your email account may be having some issues.
It would be advisable to temporarily disable your extensions one by one, check if it makes any difference in Hotmail’s functionalities, and permanently uninstall the one causing the problem.
How to Fix Hotmail Not Working on Android or iPhone
If your Hotmail does not work on the iPhone or Android app. Then, you should follow the given steps to fix the issue.
- Check that you enter the proper account details and ignore using the auto-fill passwords and other information. So fill it out manually.
- Another thing you have to take care of is whether your account is supported on the app or not. You can insert an outlook.com account that involves Hotmail, Live, MSN, and Microsoft 365, an exchange server account, and exchange online in the app. Moreover, if you do not understand what kind of email account you are using, then verify with your email provider or simply ask Hotmail Customer Support for help.
- For instance, if your account is already added to the app but does not function, then you must follow the guide. First, you have to open the Mail app and view the settings. Next, choose your Hotmail account. Then tap on “Remove Account.” After that, choose the device option, and your account will be erased from your Mobile App.
- When the account is erased. You will need to add it again to the apps as you did before.
Below are the possible fixes to resolve the Hotmail not working issue on android and iOS).
1. Check Mail Days to Sync Settings
Having syncing problem with your Hotmail is a common issue; all you need to do is change the check mail days to sync on the iPhone. And the steps are below to point out:
- Open your mobile and search the settings icon on your iPhone.
- Go to passwords and accounts.
- Click on your Hotmail account.
- Next! Find and select the mail days to sync and tap no limit.
Now you will receive daily emails in your inbox.
2. Check the Recent Fetch Data Settings
If you are disturbed by Hotmail not working, turn your recent fetch data settings on the iPhone. You will never receive any mail notifications if you don’t enable this option. Follow the steps to receive the email popup.
- Open the settings icon and click passwords and accounts.
- Tap fetch new data.
- Choose the most thoughtful option: automatically, manually, and set a schedule.
Now you will receive the popup email to update you.
3. Always Use the Official Microsoft Outlook App
After doing research by software professionals, they found Hotmail app listed on the PlayStore is not an official version to choose from.
Try to find the official app Microsoft corporation launched to use for official and personal purposes. Whenever you use third-party apps, always do research first before downloading.
4. Update Your iOS Version
When nothing is fixed through the settings side, now fix the Hotmail not working issue by updating your iOS version; that will definitely solve the issues.
- Go to the settings menu and tap general.
- Then click software update.
- Last! Follow the onscreen instruction to download and install the update.
If it is available after updating your iOS software, all the bugs that could be causing your mail app issues not to allow Hotmail to work will be gone.
5. Resolve the Issue by Using a VPN on your Mobile
If you ever noticed that sometimes your ISP blocked an app in your country or region. So, you can try VPN apps to see if the app works correctly.
- Open Google Play Store and search for the Best VPN Apps by searching.
- Once you have found or installed the VPN app, connect a VPN to another country to check whether or not your Hotmail app works with your BPN apps.
Note: You can use a free and paid VPN service.
Hotmail was launched by Microsoft and millions of people use this email around the universe. But sometimes it causes errors and we are going to fix these issues. Therefore, this guide will help you a lot because the multiple fixes are mentioned to fix over here and you don’t need to go anywhere.