If you are the one who uses social media most, then you have the fear of device slowdown. So, clearing cache and search history occasionally is necessary to save space on your Smartphone. This blog will let you know how to clear your Twitter cache.
However, if you are a daily Twitter user, you will find that the platform can always load the contents of posts that you have previously viewed in a quick way, and the reason is that Twitter caches the data to prevent reloading the posts each time you open the app. but, it will slow down phone’s speed by generating more and more cache. Clearing the cache may help you.
So let’s get started…!!
Table of Contents
Step-By-Step Guide to Clear Twitter Cache via App Settings
However, clearing the cache will be useful in bringing back the storage you need to hold other files. Follow the steps to remove the cache via Twitter settings.
- Go to Twitter App on your device, and tap your profile picture.
- Choose settings and support > then tap settings and privacy.
- Tap the “Accessibility, display, and languages” options.
- Next, select the “data usage” option.
- Scroll to the storage option, and tap “Media storage.”
- Choose the “clear media storage” option; the App will return you to the Data usage option.
- Click on web storage > Clear all web storage options.
You will encounter two options while clearing the web storage: the first option deletes only the web page without affecting cookies or saved details. The other option deletes all web caches related to Twitter, including sites and login details you saved.
How to Delete Twitter Cache on Android
Clearing the Twitter cache on Android is quite easy. Here’s how you can do it:
- Navigate to the settings App of your Android device.
- Move down and select Apps or “Apps & Notifications.”
- Select “Manage Apps,” move down and tap the Twitter app.
- Find “storage & cache” and tap on it.
- Last, click on clear data > clear cache. (clearing all data is optional)
If you choose and tap clear cache, the App will remove the saved media on other info without the web cache and password. But if you select the clear storage option, the App will clear all web cache, passwords, and media.
How to Clear Twitter Cache on iPhone 2023
However, iOS doesn’t have the option to clear the cache directly; users only delete or reinstall the App or offload the App’s data. Follow the below steps to offload the Twitter app to delete the cache:
- Go to the settings App on your iPhone.
- Choose the General option to access the storage settings.
- Tap iPhone storage on the list, and tap Twitter.
- Next, choose the Offload app option and verify it.
- After that, tap reinstall Twitter to bring the App and all its credentials back without any cached data.
However, offloading the app process will not remove any important details, such as login details, but offloading the data cleans the cache and puts the App to sleep.
How to Remove Twitter Search History
Whenever you search for anything on Twitter, the site keeps it in a search history so you can find it quickly next time. Twitter also offers suggestions; it benefits your search history to assist in developing a profile on you and show you more stuff that you may have to see.
But if you don’t want to see that history, you can easily remove the Twitter history to de-clutter the search bar. Here’s how you can do it:
Clear Twitter History on PC
- Sign in to your account on Mac or PC.
- Go to the search bar, and from the upper of the drop-down suggestions menu, next to “Recent,”
- Tap on the phrase “clear all.”
Clear Twitter Search suggestions on Smartphone
- Select the magnifying glass icon to access the search bar.
- Select the small (x) icon next to “Recent searches” to remove all search history.
Tips for Removing Twitter Cache
- Limit Background Activity– reduce the usage of other apps in the background while using Twitter to consume the device resources.
- Manage Notifications– customize the App’s notification to minimize unnecessary background activities and conserve battery.
- Clear Cache– Clean the Twitter cache once a month to maintain the App’s smooth running.
- Update the App– keep the App updated to the latest version to ensure you have the latest bug-free version with advanced performance.
- Restart Device– sometimes restarting the device helps refresh the system and remove temporary files.
If you face data breaches or bugs while scrolling Twitter, clearing the cache would be a great way to resolve the issue. We have mentioned several ways to clear the Twitter cache and search history. So you can keep your device efficiency smooth and remove unnecessary data.