In the advanced technology era, you can transfer a file between iPhone & Mac, and it is a routine job for office legend people. However, you will need to follow a simple step and this article also have the knowledge to guide you more efficiently on how to transfer a file between i-Phone to Mac without iTunes.
Transferring files requires more storage because your file could be heavy, so the system would not accept it. However, it is helpful to know that you can do both in a couple of minutes if you want to move data from your iPhone to your Mac or find out where your iPhone backup files are stored on your Mac.
iCloud allows you to keep your current data available across all of your devices, including Windows PCs. You may also use Airdrop & email attachments to transfer data between your iPhone and other devices. Here are the simple methods; by following steps, make sure you can transfer any kind of file.
Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac – With iTunes File Sharing
Using apps that support file sharing, you may use iTunes File Sharing to move files between your computer and iOS device. iTunes allows you to transfer documents created in apps like Keynote, Numbers, and Pages.
To transfer files between an iPhone and a Mac using iTunes, follow these steps:
- Connect your device to the computer and start iTunes.
- Tap on the icon in the iTunes window and select the option of file sharing.
- Choose the app that you want to transfer a file to.
- Now start to transfer the files between the iPhone and Mac.
To transfer i-Phone files to a Mac – Select the file you wish to transfer and click “Save to,” then select the memory location and click “Save To.”
To transfer files from your Mac to your iPhone – Go to “Add,” choose the files you wish to transfer, and then go back to “Add.”
Transfer File Between iPhone And Mac – Without iTunes
There are two authentic ways to transfer files from iPhone to Mac without iTunes. It includes using an innovative & reliable iPhone data transfer tool such as Airdrop, iCloud photos, & iCloud Drive. But, of course, it depends on the content you want to copy and the best way to do it. Continue reading to find out more.
Method No 1: Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac – Through iPhone Transfer Software
Sharing files through iPhone transfer software support photos, videos, music audiobooks, PDFs, Contacts, Messages, and many more. Transferring files from iPhone to Mac without iTunes is the most popular choice to use a reliable iPhone data transfer tool like EaseUS MobiMover. With this tool, you can transfer many files between a computer, iPad, iMac, or more and get it with features within minutes.
- FirstStep– Connect your iPad to your Mac with a USB cable.
- Click on “trust this computer” on your iPad
- Then, run the EaseUS MobiMover tool for Mac & select the “Phone to Mac” appearing on the main screen.
- Move forward, click the next to continue, and you can see the below image.
- SecondStep – Then, MobiMover automatically shares all the supported data on your iPad as the ss below.
- MobiMover will also save the files to a desktop folder name that MobiMover exports.
- Tap on the “Transfer file” to import data from iPhone to Mac. When the transfer file process has finished, you can view, edit, delete the files as you want on your Mac.
You can make data transfers from iOS to other devices much easier with EaseUS MobiMover. Whether you want to transfer photos from your iPhone to your PC or Mac or copy photos between iPhones, you can do it easily with this app.
Method No 2: Transfer Files from iPhone to Mac – Wirelessly via AirDrop
Sharing files through wireless via AirDrop software support photos, videos, PDFs, Contacts, Documents, and many more. AirDrop of Apple service allows you to transmit files between your iPhone and Mac or any other two compatible devices. Although you can use AirDrop to exchange wireless files, make sure your devices are connected via both Wi-Fi & Bluetooth.
To transfer images from an iPhone to a Mac without using iTunes, follow these steps:
- First Step – Turn on AirDrop on your Mac
- Go to Finder to the AirDrop and switch on Bluetooth & Wi-Fi to turn on AirDrop on your Mac.
- Select “Allow to be discovered by” as “Everyone” or “Contacts Only”.
- Second Step – Now, turn on your AirDrop on your iPhone.
- Open the control center of your iPhone by swiping up iPhone’s screen.
- Make your iPhone available to “Contacts Only” or “Everyone” using “AirDrop”.
- Last – Now, your devices are connected, and you can transfer files between iPhone to Mac without iTunes.
- Open the photo gallery on your iPhone.
- Select images you want to share from iPhone to Mac.
- By clicking “Share” on iPhone and clicking the name of your Mac in the AirDrop section, you can transfer a photo file from iPhone to Mac without iTunes.
Transfer Files Between iPhone And Mac – Through Email
Email is one of the most common sources to transfer files from iPhone to Mac in the advanced world. Email is the best way to share small files to the iPhones, such as photos, videos, and documents files. Follow the easy steps and share your files with your boss, friend, or colleague.
- Create a new Email address
- Then, add files in the form of attachments to the message.
- Tap on the attachment and next download the file and use that file.
If the user is transferring large files, the user can use a Wi-Fi network to reduce the use of so much cellular data. For example, any file can be attached to an email and transferred between Mac and iPhone.
Mac users follow the same procedure; you can transfer files from your iPhone or Mac to your email app by creating an email.
How to Delete iPhone or iPad File – To Extract out Trim Files
Apart from transferring files, we can transfer a file between iPhone/iPad to Mac; we can also delete them quickly. Because the spare files could be available on your device, and you have forgotten to delete them.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad touch to your Mac using the supplied cable.
- You can open a Finder window by clicking the Finder icon in the dock.
- Click the iOS device in the long sidebar
- Go to the File tab to see a list of files. If there is no Files section, your device lacks any apps to share files.
- View the contents of an app by clicking its triangle.
- Right-click (Ctrl-click) the file you wish to delete, then pick Delete from the menu.
- Click Delete to confirm it.
Nowadays, to transfer a file between iPhone and Mac is common to work, and everyone knows it. But the newcomers who are using iPhone and Mac should learn it. So in this article, we describe the methods of sharing files with iTunes or without iTunes in the simplest way. So if you want to learn it, read on and let me know which method works for you.