Google Assistant, also known as Hey Google, is an in-built feature of Android devices. That is the default computer-generated assistant for requesting questions, accomplishing chores, and receiving information.
In addition, you can query Hey Google to answer and perform an assortment of tasks. Like, say it to make a phone call, open an email, send text messages, create a shopping list, generate a reminder, and schedule an appointment. Also, ask for directions and information about a cafeteria and shopping mall, or other spots and many more. There’s also an option to change the voice on Google Home in a few clicks. Check it out here.
Here we have shared how you can turn it on your Android devices. So, don’t go here and there; let us dive into the post.
How do I Turn on Google Assistant on Android Device?
This feature emanates enabled by default on almost all Android devices. Suppose you want to check whether it is active on your device or not. Do follow the below steps to check it.
- At first, open your Android device.
- Now tap and hold on to the home button.
- If the assistant is active, it will start listening.
Suppose the assistant is switched off; consequently, you will be inquired to enable it through a small bar that you will see at the bottom of your device screen. However, if the prompt does not display on your phone screen, you can switch it on from the official Google application.
Below mentioned steps guide you to turn on Google Assistant (Hey Google) on your Android device.
- First of all, navigate to the Google app on your device.
- Here you will see your Google account profile icon on the upper right side. Tap on it.
- Now hover over to the settings option from the popup menu slant.
- Then go to the Voice option and then select the Voice Match option.
- After that, you will reach the Hey Google and Voice Match page.
- Here knock on this device tab. Then turn on the toggle of Hey Google.
That’s it. Now, just say Hey Google when using any app or doing whatever on your device.
Requirements of Android Device to Turn on Google Assistant
Suppose you want to use the Hey Google feature on your device. Above, we have mentioned a step-by-step guide to use it. But before using this feature, make sure your device can run the Hey Google feature.
Check out the Android device specifications below to discover whether Hey Google is supported on your device.
- Your device must have 1 GB or higher Ram.
- The Android device must run a 5.0 or higher operating system.
- The Google application on your Android device runs an app version of 6.13 or higher.
- Your device should be 720p or higher screen resolution.
- The android device must support Google Play Services.
The Google Assistant is a prodigious voice assistant that users can custom unrelatedly of which smart device (Android or iOS) a user use. Moreover, it is spontaneous and pretty well at the understating situation.
However, the Hey Google feature is better at sustaining continuous discussions and answering more certainly to a user’s requests and commands.
In this post, we described how you could turn on this voice assistant on your Android device. Also, we have shared the requirements that an android device must have to use this feature.
For now, that’s all. If you want to ask any questions related to this voice assistant feature, let us tell in the comment box. We are always present to serve you.