In iPhone, some photos appear on your home screen as “Featured Photos,” which can disturb your privacy. So how would you deal with this? Here’s a guide that will tell you How to Change Featured Photos on your iPhone or prevent them from showing up on your home screen.
IPhone users got the photo widget that automatically chooses pictures and shows them up on the home screen, while people don’t like it for personal or privacy reasons. And currently, they cannot edit the image they want to feature in the Photos widget. However, removing the photos from the widget is available, assuring they will not be displayed on your home screen again.
The images that are automatically cherry-picked from your memories by the recognition algorithm and shown as a slideshow on the widget are Featured Photos on iPhone.
Simple Guidelines to Remove Featured Photos on iPhone
Let’s start with the following step to remove unwanted photos from iPhone.
Tap the image in the widget that will open up in Photos App.
Press the Share icon and Click on RemoveFeatured Photos. Then, head to the For You tab from the bottom of the screen. You may long-press an image to view this option.
If the memory collection is displayed in the widget, tap on the More icon from the upper right. The next thing you have to do is, select from Suggest Fewer Memories Like This.
Here, it will be shown. Pick from Suggest This Day or Suggest This Place Less, and make sure to confirm it. Ultimately, the image will be removed, and the other will replace it. By following the same steps, you can remove any picture you want.
Remove the Photo from Home Screen
Another method is described to change the featured photo from iPhone Home Screen.
Go to the home screen.
Click on the picture that appeared on the widget.
Press the Share Icon Button.
Click on the Remove from Features Photos.
Q: How to change album cover on iPhone or iPad?
A: The cover photo is the main part of an album of your gallery. But by default, the cover photo your iPhone sets for an album is the first photo in the album. The method is easy:
• Open the photos app and tap the albums tab.
• Open your favorite album whose thumbnail you want to change.
• Tap select > tap and hold the photo you want to use as the thumbnail.
• While holding the photo, drag it to the upper left corner, which will show as the 1st position in the album.
• Tap cancel and go back to the photo album. The cover photo will be changed.
Q: How to change HEIC to jpg on iPhone?
A: You can simply set your phone to JPG format if you don’t want to worry about HEIC. Follow the method to do in 10 minutes:
• Open the photo app and select the photo you want to convert.
• Tap share > touch copy photos to copy the image on the clipboard.
• Open the files app > Drag down from the center and tap the new folder.
• Tap and hold a blank space in the folder and touch the paste option.
• Your photo will be in a new folder but available in JPEG format. And you can also share this folder with your loved ones.
You can also use third-party tools like Adobe Lightroom CC, Dropbox, Google Photos, and iCloud photos to convert HEIC images into JPEG images.
Q: How To Stop Your iPhone From Showing Featured Photos?
A: If you want to stop your iPhone from showing featured photos, you can follow these steps:
• Open the Settings app and tap on “Wallpaper.”
• Click on “Choose a New Wallpaper.”
• Choose a photo album from which you want to select a new wallpaper.
• Once you have selected the photo, click on “Set.”
• Select “Still” instead of “Perspective.”
• Tap “Set” and choose whether you want to use the photo for your Lock Screen, Home Screen, or both. And this method doesn’t show you the featured photo on the lock screen again.
Q: How to add pictures to featured Photos on iPhone iOS 14?
A: There is an iOS 14 algorithm that determines the best photo app to use from the for you section of your photos app. But right now, there is no way to add a photo to your featured photo on the widget screen of your iPhone. If you want to delete photos from your section, you can delete them and these photos will no longer be on your iPhone.
Q: How to change featured photos on iPhone 13 & iPhone iOS 16?
A: You can invert your featured photos from the photos widget on iPhone 13 and iPhone iOS 16. Follow the steps below to get to know:
• Tap Pictures in the widget and open photos.
• Tap the share icon > Tap remove from featured photos (You can see them “for you” tab in photos by long pressing on an image).
• If memory is shown in the widget, tap more icons and next tap to suggest fewer memories like this.
• If it is shown, choose from suggest this day less and this place less > tap confirm (This will remove the widget image and replace it with another).
NOTE: Unfortunately, you cannot choose the image you desire to display. But hopefully, in the future, Apple will add a selected widget image option that allows you to create an album with pictures.
Q: What do I do if iPhone-featured photos not changing?
A: If your iPhone’s featured photos are not changing, there are a few things you can try:
• Restart your phone
• Check your settings
• Check your battery settings
• Toggle off iCloud photos
• Update your phone (If none of these solutions work, you may need to contact Apple support for further assistance)
Q: How to add featured photos on iPhone lock screen?
A: To add featured photos to your iPhone lock screen, follow these steps:
1. Open the “Settings” icon on your iPhone.
2. Tap on “Wallpaper” and tap on “Choose a New Wallpaper” from the featured photos.
3. Scroll down to the “Dynamic” section and select a dynamic wallpaper you like.
4. You can also tap “Stills” or “Live” to choose a still or live wallpaper.
5. Once you select a wallpaper from featured photos, tap “Set” at the bottom of the screen.
6. Choose “Set Lock Screen” to set the wallpaper from featured photos as your lock screen background.
To sum it up, try out these ways to change featured photos on iPhone if you’re concerned about your privacy and don’t want any photos to be displayed in the featured photos. So you can remove the photos from the widget. Although, it does not let you add to it. As of now, iPhone does not allow users to choose or set the image they want. Hopefully, this option will be added soon so that users can create an album with pictures of their choice. For further queries regarding this matter, comment us below.