Do you want to contact a YouTuber to tell them to stop sharing the weird content on YouTube or for PR packages or any other types of business inquiry you may not want to show publicly. Unfortunately, the YouTube server has removed the (DM) direct messaging feature.
However, there are many ways to communicate with your favorite YouTuber, like via email and social media platform links. So, here you can find a complete step-by-step guide on how to direct messages on YouTube to contact a Youtuber. But let us first know what happened to this YouTube feature.
Table of Contents
What Happened to YouTube DM
Contacting a content creator on YouTube may seem quite difficult because YouTube is not a platform where you can usually send direct messages. Private massaging on YouTube was so unpopular that’s why the YouTube server removed it on September 18, 2019.
So, there is no chat option on YouTube like Facebook Messenger, as it is a video-sharing platform, not a messaging app like Telegram or WhatsApp. But luckily, there are ways to send private messages to your favorite video creator on YouTube.
Here, we mentioned the five alternative communication methods with your favorite YouTube content creator. We have mentioned the Yes Theory vlogger in the pictures.
How to DM on YouTube via Email
Direct emailing any content creator is the most straightforward method of contacting them. Not all YouTubers set their email on their channel. But many YouTubers make vlogs very professionally and include their email address on their account settings for fans to send their thoughts or any business inquiries.
Note: Users cannot find the YouTuber’s email on the mobile version. They have to download a browser version of YouTube to email them on mobile.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to DM on YouTube via email on a PC, MacBook, or mobile browser.
- LLaunch YouTube on a browser. Search and go to the YouTube channel you want to send a message.
- On the homepage of the channel, navigate to the About section.
- Select the View Email Address option next to the For Business Inquiries section.
- Now you see I’m not a robot confirmation box; check it. Then, hit on the submit option.
- Then, copy the email of the YouTube channel, which you can see on your screen.
- Paste it into the email client and send your message to the content creator there.
- Now, you need to keep an eye on your email for the response.
DM a YouTube Creator via Social Media Profiles
Suppose you’re having problems while sending a message via email. You can send your message to the content creator through their social network profile apps like Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, Discord, and Twitter. Audiences can send direct messages by tapping the links they added to their channels in the About section.
Follow the steps below to send a private message to the YouTube content creator through their social media profiles.
- Open the YouTube app and go to the user’s channel you want to send a message.
- Now, at the top of the screen, you will see a scrolling menu; scroll until the About option appears.
- You will see the links to external social media accounts on the About page; click them to DM on YouTube.
- Now, you have to wait to get the reply from the creator.
Send a Public Chat or Comment in a Video Comment Box
Sending a public message is another way to convey your thoughts to content creators on YouTube. But make sure the channel owner turns on the comments on YouTube videos. If they have turned off the comment feature, you can’t convey your message to them. Although, the messages you send in the comment box will not be private, and everyone can see them.
Here, we mentioned how you can comment under a particular video.
- Navigate to YouTube.com and sign into your account if you have not already.
- Then tap on the magnifying glass search icon at the top.
- Enter the name of the video under which you want to send a comment.
- Tap on the video and scroll down to the comment section.
- Now, type your message in the comment bar and click on the arrow icon to send the message.
Note: There are chances that the Youtuber may miss your message this way because there are so many comments to read.
How to DM Someone on YouTube via their Website
Messaging a contact creator on YouTube via their website is the same as messaging a content creator via their social media profile links, which they added on their channel. While not all YouTubers have their website, but most create one for their fans to communicate.
Follow the steps mentioned below to DM a Youtuber via their website.
- Navigate to the YouTube app and sign into your account.
- Then, hover over the content creator channel to whom you want to send a message.
- You will see a menu below the channel name; scroll the menu to click on the About option.
- After that, you will see the multiple social media links and their website links on the About page.
- Tap on the website link, type your message, and click on the arrow icon to send the message.
How to DM on YouTube via the Community Tab
The community tab is a prodigious feature for connecting with the audience and creating a separate conversational section for a content creator on a YouTube channel. Content creators can make and share polls, images, short-form texts, GIFs, and links when they get the YouTube community tab.
Viewers can like or dislike the posts, comment below the images, participate in the polls, and the audience can share the content with other users.
To message a community tab on YouTube, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Navigate to the YouTube app and sign into your account.
- Then, go to the YouTube channel where you want to share your thoughts.
- Now, below the channel name, there is a scrolling menu; scroll it to see the community option.
- After clicking on the community tab, scroll down to see polls and posts; here, viewers can share their thoughts.
How to Check YouTube Messages
Checking received messages from the YouTube social platform on iOS and Android is as simple as DM a YouTube creator on a PC or desktop. Remember that users must use the browser to check the messages of the YouTube audience on their mobile, as you can’t see the message on the YouTube mobile app.
- Go to the YouTube Message Page on your browser and log into your account.
- Hit the Avatar icon on the screen’s top right corner and then the Creator Studio option.
- Click on the Community option on the right side of the screen.
- Now click on the Messages tab, and here you can check YouTube’s all types of message requests like Filtered Messages, Sent Messages, and Approved Messages.
Moreover, users can also pin a conversation to keep an eye on important conversations. People can pin the messages on the top of the chat list. A red dot will appear next to the pinned conversations and unread messages in the pinned conversation list.
- How to Promote Your YouTube Channel: The Best Tactics That Work
- 10 Reliable Ways to Grow Your Audience on YouTube
- Some tips to optimize your SEO on YouTube