Since 2005, YouTube has become one of the most popular social media platforms like Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. After so many years, YouTube is still the number one video-sharing website where people can upload content and watch videos of other content creators. As YouTube is a video-sharing platform, it’s quick and easy to search particular channels and videos.
So, let’s check out this guide to find YouTube channels or videos on YouTube.
Table of Contents
How to Search YouTube Channels
YouTube is a good platform where you can find all types of content. YouTube also provides ways to search for the content you want to watch. However, searching for channels on YouTube is easy as searching for videos on YouTube.
Below we have shared two different ways (mobile and desktop) of searching for channels on YouTube.
How to Find a YouTube Channel on Mobile
- First of all, launch YouTube on your mobile app (android or iOS).
- Click on magnifying glass icon at the top of your screen.
- Type the channel name in the search bar, and then tap on the search option
- Now tap on the filter option to open a list of search filters; its three horizontal lines with sliders at the top right corner of the screen.
- Then in a type section, there is a channel option; click on it.
- Now tap on a channel in the search results; this will display the YouTube channel’s home page.
Searching for Channels on the Computer
- Navigate to www.youtube.com, or use any web browser on your computer (macOS or Windows) to search YouTube channels.
- Click on sign in at the top right corner to log in to your account.
- Type the channel’s name in the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Then press the enter button on your keyboard, and a list of matching searches will appear.
- Now tap on the filter option, three horizontal lines with sliders at the top left corner of the search bar.
- Click on the channel option to see the channels related to your search terms.
- Now tap on a channel in the search results; this will display a channel’s home page.
How to Search within YouTube Channels on Desktop
YouTube also has a channel-specific search feature, so you can easily find specific videos within a specific YouTube channel. However, if you’re looking to search for a video on a specific YouTube channel, you can easily look for videos from a YouTube Channel without browsing through all the content.
Follow the mentioned steps to find a video on a YouTube channel.
- Open YouTube on your web browser.
- Hit the sign-in option at the top right corner to sign in to your account.
- Go to the channel you want via YouTube channel search keywords.
- Tap the search icon in the channel menu bar, then enter your search.
How to Search within the YouTube Channel App on Mobile
Unluckily, users cannot search for a particular video in a channel using the YouTube phone application. Therefore, users can use their mobile browser for searching a specific video on the YouTube channel. Below we mentioned the steps.
- Open your mobile web browser, navigate to YouTube, and sign in to your account.
- Hover over the channel you want to find through.
- Now you can see a drop-down arrow on the right side of the screen; click on it.
- Then select the search option and enter your search.
How to Search YouTube Channels by Email
There is another way to find YouTube channels by email. Suppose you’re struggling to find a User on YouTube so you can get help from their Email Address to find them on YouTube. Follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Open YouTube on your mobile, tablet, or Windows device.
- Enter the email address into the search bar at the top of the screen.
- Now you can see the multiple YouTube videos and channels.
- Click on the channel username to visit their YouTube profile.
How to Search Channels on YouTube TV
YouTube TV is like a live TV streaming platform that gives users access to over 100 live TV channels. You don’t have to use a cable connection or satellite to watch YouTube TV subscription. You only need an active internet connection, a YouTube TV app, and a streaming device.
If you’re using YouTube TV but don’t know how to find channels or can’t find the shows you’re interested in, all subscriptions will go to waste. Read through this post to cancel the YouTube TV free trial.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to find the show or channels you love on YouTube TV.
- Navigate to the YouTube TV app.
- After that, click on the search option you will see at the top.
- Enter the name of the channel or show you’re searching for.
- Then select search after entering the name.
A YouTube TV subscription will give you the most channels you expect from a cable provider. But some main channels are gone from YouTube TV membership, including History, Lifetime, A&E, and The Bally Sports Regional Sports Networks.
How to Find a YouTube Channel Without Knowing the Name of User
If you don’t remember the name of the YouTube channel you’ve watched, here you can find eight different methods to search YouTube channels without knowing the YouTuber’s name.
- Check your browser history
- Use YouTube search auto-suggest
- Use My Activity of Google to track down your YouTube activity
- Use the YouTube channel filter
- Search channel owner’s name
- Use Google’s auto-suggest to revive your memory
- Do a YouTube search on Google
- Check your channel subscriptions
Suppose you still can’t find the YouTube channel even after using the abovementioned methods. In that case, the probability is the channel is made private by the channel owner, or maybe the channel is deleted. When the channel owner turns their channel private, it will no longer appear in the search results.
How to Find a YouTube Channel URL
A URL is a unique identifier used to find anything on the internet. A URL, or uniform resource locator, informs a web browser how and where to recover a resource which is also a marketing tactic. Users can type a YouTube custom URL directly into a web browser’s address bar, but users can also use them whenever clicking on links on a web page, a bookmark list, or an email.
To search YouTube channels’ URLs on your desktop, follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Go to www.youtube.com, or use any web browser on your computer.
- Tap on sign in at the top right corner to sign in to your account.
- After that, tap on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Then hit on the setting option.
- Here you can see your profile name; click on an advanced option below your channel name.
- After clicking on advanced, you can see your URL code next to Your Custom URL.
How to Check Channel Monetization on YouTube
YouTube monetization is the capability to make money from your videos on YouTube. According to YouTube terms, you must have at least 4,000 watch hours over the last 12 months to qualify for monetization. If you’re looking for an easy way to check whether a YouTube channel is monetized, follow the steps mentioned.
- Navigate to YouTube and sign into your account.
- Go to the channel’s home page and launch the source code on the page.
- Then search for the string “is_monetization_enabled.”
- If the value is true, your channel is monetized; otherwise, it’s not.
Fortunately, you don’t have to do this process to check every single channel, and you can use the form on top of the copy and paste the channel’s URL, then click on the check link button. After that, you instantly get notified whether the channel is monetized and an estimation of how much money making this channel per year.
List of Best YouTube Channels by Category
|Funny YouTube Channels||Smosh TheEllenShow PewDiePie David Dobrik The Tonight Show starring Jimmy Fallon|
|Educational YouTube channels||Asap Science VOX National Geographic SciShow|
|Food YouTube channels||Bon Appetit Joshua Weissman Jamie Oliver Pro Home Cooks Peaceful Cuisine|
|Most subscribed YouTube channels||Cocomelon MrBeast T-Series Vlad and Nikki|
|YouTube Podcast channels||H3 Podcast Trash Taste Jenna Julien Tim Ferriss|
|Gaming Channels||DanTDM Eric Rosen Ninja Tfue Ssundee|
|Fashion YouTube channels||Shea Whitney Coolirpa Vogue Bestdressed|
|Travel YouTube channels||Drew Binsky Curly tales The bucket list family|
|Photography YouTube channels||Kai W Jared Polin Peter McKinnon Fstoppers|
- How to Report YouTube Channel
- How to Hide Subscribers on YouTube Channel
- How To Unsubscribe from YouTube Channel
- How to Block YouTube Channels
- How to Feature Channels on YouTube Social Streaming Platform