Have you ever wondered if there’s a way to view the messages that were blocked on your iPhone? Whatever the reason, personal or professional, blocking messages can result in missing important information or conversations.
Fortunately, this blog post provides a step-by-step guide to accessing and viewing blocked messages on your iPhone. So that you won’t miss any crucial conversations or notifications.
With the help of our outlined method of retrieving blocked messages, you can easily access your communication channels and stay informed without any disruptions.
Table of Contents
Once you have blocked someone on your iPhone, now you want to see their text messages. Keep in mind that you can’t see messages forwarded to you after blocking a number. Rather, you can see messages before you block that number.
It is important to note that blocking a number doesn’t delete the history. Therefore, all the text messages will be available for you before the blocking period. All you need to do is open your Message app and find the text messages of a blocked number. However, if you deleted everything mistakenly, then you need to rely on your iOS backup system. In such cases, iCloud and iTunes backup work perfectly for you and help you in this regard.
Method 1: How to See Blocked Messages on iPhone from iCloud Backup
You can see blocked messages on your iPhone until the number is unblocked. Otherwise, it is impossible to view blocked messages if you don’t unblock the number. Furthermore, you have the option to retrieve only deleted messages on your iPhone.
Here is the lifesaver iCloud backup, which retrieves your text messages. All you need to do is sync your iPhone to the iCloud backup system. Although you have deleted all the messages after blocking a number, you can now undo all those messages. With the help of our step-by-step guide, we’ll explore how to view blocked messages on your iPhone. So, have a glimpse here:
Steps to Recover Blocked Text Messages on iPhone Using the iCloud Backup:
- Open iCloud.com and log in with your Apple ID.
- Search and select the Text Messages you want to retrieve.
- Return to iCloud settings on your iPhone and switch off Messages backup.
- Follow the pop-up instructions on your screen to download text messages.
- Choose Disable and Download Messages to restore them.
You can see blocked messages if your iPhone is in sync with iTunes. Otherwise, the viewing blocked messages option on the iPhone is not available. However, you can recover data easily with an iTunes backup. Here is how to do it:
- Connect your iPhone device to a PC with iTunes installed.
- Open the iTunes app and tap on the device button.
- Now, in the Backups section, click Restore Backup.
- Choose the recent backup entry and tap Restore to complete the process.
Follow these easy steps to see blocked messages on your iPhone through FaceTime:
- Go to the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and select FaceTime from the available list.
- In the FaceTime settings, go to the section named Call Blocking and Identification and click on it.
- You can see a list of blocked contacts and numbers underneath the Blocked Contacts section.
- Select Blocked Contacts in order to see the blocked numbers.
- Now, look at the list of all the numbers and contacts you have blocked on FaceTime.
Therefore, manage the blocked contacts by adding or removing numbers from the lists as per your needs.
|Note: Keep in mind that this outlined method is particularly useful for viewing blocked numbers on FaceTime. If you have blocked messages from other means, like the phone app, so you need to check it out from their respective app settings.|
- Go to the Settings app.
- Scroll down until you find the Messages icon.
- Tap on the Messages icon.
- Scroll down again and look at Blocked Contacts in the middle of your iPhone screen.
- Now, click on Blocked Contacts and see tons of all blocked contacts.
- Choose any of these blocked numbers and swipe to the left of that specific number to unblock it.
Successfully! You unblock your contacts. You can now start receiving messages on your iPhone.
Furthermore, you can navigate to the same list of blocked numbers on the Messages page in Settings and click Blocked.
You can see blocked text messages on your iPhone, but you have supported iOS version 16.5. It is mentioned in the above image list of compatible devices that support iOS 16.5 version.
|Key Point: If you block a number while the carrier sends the text message to your number, you cannot see the message because the operating system (iOS) doesn’t display the message on your iPhone’s interface Therefore, you cannot see the messages. But these are stored in the folder called Unknown Senders.|
Here is how to see blocked messages from the Unknown Senders folder:
- Open the Setting.
- Click on Messages.
- Navigate to the Blocked Contacts section and see a number of blocked lists.
- Then, go to the Messages app on your iPhone.
- Click on the Filters icon at the top left corner of your iPhone screen.
- Now, select the Unknown Sender.
Hence, with the help of our step-by-step guide, you can now view all the messages sent from spammers, promotional companies, and blocked numbers.
Then tap on the Unknown Sender.
Furthermore, you can also verify by checking all the messages individually from the blocked number.
How Do You See Blocked Messages on iPhone Reddit?
Follow these easy steps to see blocked messages on the Reddit app on your iPhone:
- Navigate to the Reddit app on your iPhone.
- Click on the Reddit icon to launch the app.
- Open your Inbox while tapping the envelope icon at the bottom of the menu.
- Click on the Blocked tab at the top of your Inbox.
- Hence, the Blocked tab will show all the messages from users you have blocked.
- Now, you can click on a message to view its content and details.
Thus, you can easily access and view messages from blocked users on the Reddit app with the help of our outlined guide.
|Note: This process is especially applicable to the official Reddit app. The steps may vary slightly if you use a third-party Reddit app.|
How to Check Blocked Numbers’ Voicemails on iPhone
To find a voicemail from a blocked caller on your iPhone, follow these steps:
|Note: Keep in mind that the blocked person’s information must be in your contacts so that you can easily identify voicemails from them without listening to each voicemail.|
- Go to the Phone app on your iPhone
- Select Voicemail in the bottom-right corner of your iPhone screen
- Scroll down until you see the Blocked Messages section. Tap on it. -If you don’t see Blocked Messages, it means you won’t receive any voicemails.
- Now you can see any blocked callers’ voicemails that have been left on your iPhone.
- Click on the message to view a transcription, even though it doesn’t work with every message.
- Now, listen to the message if you want to, or delete it.
- How to Add Low Power Mode to iPhone Control Center?
- How to Check If Your iPhone is Hacked in Settings App
- Apple Hub on Twitter: Will You Be Upgrading to the iPhone 15 Series in September?
- How To Change Region on iPhone
- How To Change Brightness on iPhone 12