According to WABetaInfo, WhatsApp is now working on a new feature, “Lock Chats,” for Android beta, which will let users lock chats to keep them concealed. This new feature will enhance the user’s security as it will assist users in locking their most confidential chats within the chat’s contact or group info.
The lock chat feature can only be accessed using the user’s fingerprint or password, making it unfeasible for anyone to access the chat. Anyone who tries to open the user’s phone and fails to give the required authentication will be asked to clear or access the chat.
Once you add the chat to a list of locked chats, it will be only accessible within this screen and can only be opened by using the user’s fingerprint or passcode, making it impossible for everyone to view the chat.
The feature comes handily to help keep media private by ensuring that photos & videos sent in a locked chat are not directly saved to the mobile’s gallery. However, the feature is still in development and will soon be rolled out in a future update.
For now, it has been reported that WhatsApp is rolling out a text editor feature for beta testers on Android beta.
- WhatsApp to Roll Out New Communication Feature “Newsletter”
- Meta Owned WhatsApp Disappearing Messages Feature Working on 15 New Durations
- WhatsApp to Launch Latest Audio Chat Feature Spotted in Beta
- WhatsApp New Update will Add More Privacy to Audio Messages
- WhatsApp Making Media Sharing Better with Updated Feature