YouTube is not a go-to platform for uploading any content. YouTube’s community guidelines and restrictions interpret many banned inappropriate content topics that a creator cannot upload. However, there are millions of new content uploaded on YouTube daily. So as a parent restricting your child’s online activity on YouTube is important to keep them safe from inapt content. In this situation, you can block YouTube on iPad for your child’s security. But what if you have found that violate content on your device? What will you do? In this circumstance, you can report that video or any inapt content on YouTube.
In this step-by-step guide, we share how you can report inapt content on YouTube.
Table of Contents
How to Report a YouTube Video
Suppose users view a video on YouTube with inapt content or contains hate speech, illicit, pornographic, defamatory, or something improper. So, users can report that video on YT. Here we have shared how you can report a YT video in simple steps.
- Open the YouTube app on your device and navigate to the content you want to report.
- When you open that video, hit on the three-dot icon tab; you will see it below it.
- Now tap on the report option from the pop-up small menu list.
- After that, a pop-up page will appear on your screen; here, select the reason for your reporting.
- Then tap on the Next tab at the bottom of the report page.
- Now a new pop-up page will appear on your screen; here, add the timestamp to specify when the violation arises in the video.
- After that, add the comments about the violation for reporting the video and then tap on the Report tab to confirm it.
How to Report a Channel on YouTube
The video streaming platform YouTube has millions of channels where users can watch content. Most of the channels provide entertainment, DIY training, and educational tenacities. At the same time, you may encounter channels containing illicit material like violence, spam, child manipulation, sexual content, or hate speech.
So, if you ever subscribe to a channel with these violations. You have to unsubscribe from the YouTube channel that contains any violation. Or you can also block the YouTube channels that have any violating content.
Users can also report a channel on YouTube if there is a video with any violent behavior. To know how to report a YouTube channel, click here.
How to Report a Comment on YT
If you see a spam comment on a video of your own or any other video on YT, you can report that comment. If you want to fix YouTube comments that are not loading, click here to fix them. Follow the steps below to report abusive or spam comments on YouTube.
- Hover over the comment on YouTube that you want to red flag.
- Hit the three-dot icon you will see next to the comment.
- Now a small pop-up menu list will appear on your screen; here, tap on the Report option.
- After that, choose the reason for reporting the comment from the pop-up options.
- Then tap on the Report button to confirm your reporting.
How to Report a Playlist on YouTube
The video streaming platform YouTube lets users report a video playlist if its content title description or tags violate the Google Community standards. Moreover, if you are drained of out-of-date playlists that take up valuable space on your YouTube account, you can also delete your YouTube playlist.
Here we have shared how you can report a playlist on the YouTube streaming platform.
- Launch the YouTube playlist page on your smartphone or desktop device.
- Tap on the title of the playlist that you want to report.
- Then tap on the three-dot icon from the left side panel of the playlist.
- After that, a small pop-up menu list will appear on your screen; here, tap the Report playlist option.
- Now click on the Submit option to confirm your report of the playlist.
How to Report a Live Chat Message on YT
If you are watching a live stream on YouTube and suddenly grasp inapt or dangerous content in the live chat. So, you can report that live video chat message from your YouTube account. Below we have shared easy steps to report a live chat message on YouTube.
- Hover over that live stream chat message you want to report on YT.
- Then tap on the three-dot icon you will see next to that message.
- After that, tap the report option from the pop-up menu list.
- Now choose the reason to report the message from the pop-up options.
- Then hit the Report option to confirm your report to the live chat message.
How to Report a YouTube Short
YouTube server allows the content creator to upload shorts on YouTube. Most users take advantage of this feature and upload content on YouTube shorts that contradict the YouTube community policies.
- Navigate to that short YouTube video that you want to report.
- Then tap on the three-dot icon you will see at the bottom right side of it.
- Now click on the report option from the pop-up menu list.
- After that, choose the purpose for reporting the short video.
- Then tap on the Report option to confirm your message.
How to Report an Advertisement on YouTube
When you are watching a video on YouTube, it displays an inappropriate ad that violates Google ad policies. So, you can also report the YouTube ads; here is what you have to do.
- Tap on the info icon you will see at the bottom of the ad.
- Then tap on the Why this ad option from the pop-up menu options.
- After that, tap the Report option and select why you want to report that ad.
- When you select the reason, then tap on the circle tab next to that option.
- After that, hit the send button to report that ad.
How to Report a Video Thumbnail on YouTube
A thumbnail is a minor but important aspect in making your videos vigor viral on the YouTube platform. However, do you have ever seen an inappropriate YouTube thumbnail as some content creators choose to click luring? That is why users would like to report it, so here is what you have to do to report multiple thumbnails on YouTube.
- Search the video in question on the YouTube app.
- Tap on the three dots icon you will see near the thumbnail.
- Then the pop-up menu option will appear on your screen; here, tap on the Report option.
- Now a pop-up page will appear on your screen; here, choose the reason for reporting the image or title that fits.
- After that, tap the Report option to confirm your request to report the thumbnail.
Is Reporting a YouTube Video or any Inapt Content Anonymous?
Suppose you are conscious that when you report on YouTube, your name and other personal details get exposed in the procedure. So according to the YouTube server, no one will recognize you, or you will be anonymous if you have reported on a video.
While the same drives for channels, playlists, thumbnails, live chat messages, advertisements, shorts, comments, or any other content on YouTube. Users have the freedom of right to report YouTube content, but remember Because if you frequently report a video or any content, you can ultimately be expelled from the YouTube server.
What Happens if I Report Content on YouTube?
When users report any content on YouTube, it is not automatically removed from YouTube. The reported content will be sent as an anonymous message to the YouTube server. Then the YouTube moderators analyze the complaint on a circumstance base.
However the reporting system works very well, but it does not mean that YouTube takes away every content that someone reports. Suppose the YouTube server review that reported content contains violations. Then YouTube will either:
- Content that violates the YouTube Community guidelines is deleted from the YouTube platform.
- If the content is inappropriate for a younger audience, it will be age-restricted.
NOTE: If a user is reported a video and wants to check if it has been removed, they can see their YouTube Report history.